PFD Altitude number and HDG too small (suggestion)

Edupanzoni

I would like to leave a suggestion, or see if anyone agrees that the number of the altitude in the PFD is very small, especially for cases like me that do not have a 4k monitor, my 1080p 23 "monitor.

Sometimes it is necessary to make a small adjustment in altitude, without losing the pilot's camera, but it is impossible to see the numbers if you do not get close enough!

If it is possible to feed a little, it will be incredible !

Thanks

Hello, thanks. But I disagree, my suggestion is based on the scale with respect to the other numbers.

As you can see in the real image, the altitude has a scale equal to the rest of all the numbers.

I believe that increasing the altitude by 20% the size does not affect the project at all and does not hurt the realism of this fantastic add-on.

Anyway, thank you for your attention! thanks.

Please login to display this image.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:42 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

If we do that it would be unrealistic and it would simply not fit. I suggest you zoom in or pop out the panel.

With all due respect, but that is a poor argument when your current PFD text sizes and positions are a fair bit off from 'realistic'.

Aerosoft vs Real

There is plenty of space to work with to enlarge the selected altitude a bit. The altitude tape font could be larger, same for the speedtape font and alignment next to the hashmarks. And you can see a lot of differences in spacing here.

There is room for improvement, and it would not be unrealistic, quite the contrary.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:12 PM, CRJay said:

With all due respect, but that is a poor argument when your current PFD text sizes and positions are a fair bit off from 'realistic'.

Aerosoft vs Real

There is plenty of space to work with to enlarge the selected altitude a bit. The altitude tape font could be larger, same for the speedtape font and alignment next to the hashmarks. And you can see a lot of differences in spacing here.

There is room for improvement, and it would not be unrealistic, quite the contrary.

Agree with that. Not a big deal to change the font size and it would be helpfull while selecting an altitude.

Being brutally honest, CRJay's PFD would make life a lot easier for me. This is an extremely eye-straining cockpit, even for someone using trackIR. 

If I recall correctly, popping out panels was linked with CTDs since release. I've therefore not wanted to experiment with the option.

I hope that this could be incorporated too, it’s quite difficult to see the selected altitude in VR.

From the photo posted it looks like the font could be larger but also the scale of the PFD as a whole could be a bit larger?

The vertical alignment of the numbers from 1/2BNK down the speed tape and then the selected Mach number is a good example of where you can find the space.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment there are no plans to change this. Do keep in mind that images you find on the internet could be from much older versions of the aircrtaft.

I hope you are referring to images of the Aerosoft version possibly being outdated, the real one has not changed much over the years...

The image I posted as comparison is taken by myself, in an actual CRJ (a 900, but no difference in PFD layout with the 700). Between FMS software versions there are also no scaling or alignment changes. You can jump in a CRJ200 and see the same PFD layout, alignment and scaling.

I hope this will make it to the list of stuff to work on. If you need reference pictures, just give me a shout.

• 6 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 12:42 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

If we do that it would be unrealistic and it would simply not fit. I suggest you zoom in or pop out the panel.

That is a ridiculous answer and  your attitude towards customer service is terrible.  AS IF you have everything "realistic". 

I have the Honeycomb throttle quadrant, a popular peripheral with many sim gamers and the configuration you tell us to use for Reversers on the Throttles is not only unrealistic, it is nothing but a workaround for faulty programing you obviously do not want to make the effort to fix.   

Not only are these altitude numbers very difficult to read on a normal gaming monitor, if you are in VR its nothing but a bright oversaturated pink blur.  That make my $60 plane a piece of shite I cannot fly in VR. 

And I have a the best VR setup you can own and I do not have this issue in any other plane I fly.    You would think it would be embarrassing when put out a $60 plane and people have to look for mods it to try to make it usable in the simulator..

1 hour ago, Franco4Flyin said:

That is a ridiculous answer and  your attitude towards customer service is terrible.  AS IF you have everything "realistic".

I'll admit that I find it hard to read some of the numbers from a distance (or see the diamond for the glideslope) but I don't think it's a bad thing to reject a suggestion/request because it's unrealistic. The flight sim community overall, or at least the ones willing to pay for third-party aircraft, push for realism above all else and for every person who requests something different there would probably be 20 more annoyed that it's not correct. There are some cases where it's just not possible to please everyone, and in those situations it's better to choose the one that most people are going to prefer.

With that said, from looking at the real-world comparison photos in this thread it does seem reasonable to perhaps increase the font size a tiny bit in the name of realism.

For what it's worth, this really isn't an issue for me. I have a custom view zoomed in on the gauge and just toggle away from it back to my "normal" position by hitting the same key commands for that view a second time. Pretty painless and basically the equivalent of leaning in to read small font. I'm not a real pilot, but I imagine that happens in the real plane, at least for some pilots. Granted, I also don't fly using VR and imagine that could ruin the immersion.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Franco4Flyin said:

Had to read up on this as you replied to a discussion closed many months ago, but I am sorry you feel that way.  We have no intention to change this.

Archived