APU start

F1le

Damn it ... "APU remains off until fire test is completed"....

So many years flying and doing it automatically ...

How to open the APU door? It's APU DOOR and "----" I got no idea. Doing everything from the manual.

Please login to display this image.

Got it... It's a BUG described it here. When you click on EFB "Cold and Dark" (not default one). APU isn't working.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/crj-700-apu-start-apu-door-impossible-to-start-apu-after-click-open-fuel/379597

Huh? I go to cold and dark via the EFB pretty much every flight and never had issues getting the APU going. And I may just (guilty 'ahem') skip the fire tests occasionally*.

Battery ON, power/fuel ON and START seems to do it, skipping all checklists and procedures. I do not rush though, in case there's a timing issue?

Regards,
/Fred

*) If you use the 'always' definition of 'occasionally'. Apologies to whoever put in the work implementing the fire tests...

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm having same issue, when I started the plane in cold and dark i just got (----) on the APU door, but at the biginning this did'nt happen, this is a new issue for me. Does anybody know how to solve it?

Please login to display this image.

Archived