Plane is difficult to fly by hand - trim and elevators are very jerky

I spent the better part of a day yesterday with the airplane.  First, thank you for such a complete simulation.  It's a nice plane.  I do find it difficult to fly by hand - quite different from the marketing language talking about what a sporty, joy it is to fly.  It's not the roll axis, it's the pitch axis. I find it almost impossible to smoothly trim the plane for any of the phases of flight. Compared to the Mad Dog and the CookSky DC-9 (many hours in both), the reverse effect of thrust changes seems exaggerated to me. It is jerking up and down and were it the real thing, would likely be making people sick. I hope you are continuing to work on the flight model. I really did not buy it to be an autopilot simulator which seems the only way to achieve smooth transitions in the various phases of the flight. 

Thanks!

Colin Ware

• Developer

It should fly soft and gentle. If not something is different to what it should. Check the FAQ? And use the default sensitivities for the axis -30% or a bit lower if you prefer.

• Developer

No changes to our files nor their publication is allowed. We will cease support immediately to altered files. You are welcomed to make suggestions and the sensitivity of an aircraft in the sim is strongly influenced by the controls you use and the settings you have in the assignments of axes. The default value is -30% baut every stick or yoke has a different effect curve, so it might be required to change to a different setting. This should be useful for all planes you fly if they are modeled properly.

Therefor we have hidden the suggestion. 

Archived