One Week on, what are your thoughts?

BritishAvgeek

On 3/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, bluemoon51 said:

Half-way through my delivery flight to Southern California, my first fairly long flight 3 1/2 hours and while she wasn't crazy about a DME radius approach other than that a total joy to fly. The CRJ to start with might actually be the perfect plane for flight simming, certainly airliner wise, add to that Aerosoft's delivery people are going to be playing catch-up for a very long time. Once I'm more comfortable I might give VR a stab with it.       

Which approach was giving you problems? One SoCal DME arc I have tested successfully is KVCV ILS17, but there may be others that are not working right.

10 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Which approach was giving you problems? One SoCal DME arc I have tested successfully is KVCV ILS17, but there may be others that are not working right.

Sorry I wasn't clear I wasn't in SoCal at the time on my way there..... I was at KSLN (near Kansas City) and the ILS approach to Runway 35 has a DME arc arrival, which the CRJ really didn't care for much...

So far I really like the CRJ and can't wait for the -900/1000 to come out. I've noticed a few switches in the cockpit only move one way then get stuck and can't be moved back to the opposite position but nothing that is a deal breaker for me. Hopefully they fix this eventually. Plane flies great and is better than anything else I've flown in MFS so far. Nice job.

49 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

Sorry I wasn't clear I wasn't in SoCal at the time on my way there..... I was at KSLN (near Kansas City) and the ILS approach to Runway 35 has a DME arc arrival, which the CRJ really didn't care for much...

I’ll give this one a try. ILS approaches with arc entries were working well, but it has been a few weeks since I last tested one, so something might have changed.

1 minute ago, JRBarrett said:

I’ll give this one a try. ILS approaches with arc entries were working well, but it has been a few weeks since I last tested one, so something might have changed.

I think it is at least as likely that it was input error on my part at some point, but it wasn't enjoying whatever it was that I had it doing!!!

Archived