Auto Pilot Problems - won't follow flight plan - ONLY follows heading bug

What am I doing wrong? I set everything up properly pre-flight, take off with no issues, get Nav, Speed, Autopilot all turned on (in that order) and all have the green lights on.  The problem is that the plane does NOT follow the flight plan.  It only chases the heading bug... however I don't have the heading button turned on????  My flight director is turned on, autopilot, nav, speed button all turned on with green lights and yet the plane ignores the flight plan I have programmed in and continues to chase the heading bug.  I end up using the Heading button/dial to manually turn my plane and follow the flight plan that way which gets old quickly. 

Of note, I use the Honeycomb throttle/yoke.  Thought that maybe I had a key binding issue, so I un-binded all the auto pilot buttons on my Honeycomb throttle.  Only using the mouse, and still running into same problem.  It's almost like the Navigation button does not register, even though the green lights are on.  It's like the Heading button takes over which should not be the case.  Anyone else having this issue or am I simply screwing something up?   

A few suggestions base on a quick search

1. Apparently NAV mode is only "armed" if you enable it before 400 (or was it 600) feet. He didn't say how you "activate" it if it is "armed" but personally I don't enable it until about 1000 feet so I've no had to find out.

2. The nav source wasn't set to FMS1

3. Are you sure the flight plan is valid? No discontinuities in the LEGS pages.

Be sure NAV mode was engaged at or above 400ft AGL, you can confirm it when at the PFD "FMS" shows in green at the left side instead white at the right.

Regards Herbert

After loading in the flightplan press the route button then the exec button?

After you may have to go to the dir button and click on the exec button depending how far you are on the Flightplan to progress.

I had the same problem, also using the honeycomb bravo throtthle (and yoke)

I solved the problem by deleting all key assignement in MSFS for the throttle, including all autopilot stuff.

Only keeping axis, trim flaps and gears assigned.

Now the software works, the hardware does not ...

3 hours ago, gottel said:

I had the same problem, also using the honeycomb bravo throtthle (and yoke)

I solved the problem by deleting all key assignement in MSFS for the throttle, including all autopilot stuff.

Only keeping axis, trim flaps and gears assigned.

Now the software works, the hardware does not ...

hehe, a pain isn't it. I have most stuff mapped using VJoy so all the buttons are now momentary so I don't get these mapping issues. It was originally to fix the 10 degree bug but it's come in very handy for the CRJ.

I had hoped being a "partner" (what does that even mean in an Asobo context?) would mean this would get fixed but it seems not.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

it's a known issue that if you use the heading bug control assignment through the MSFS controls in your hardware and try to turn the bug from your hardware this happens. It's a known limitation that unfortunately is out of our control since the actual heading bug on the CRJ uses a custom variable.

Archived