CRJ not following the glide slope

3 hours ago, aLx89 said:

Will the problem still be fixed or will it just be ignored?

It will be ignored. I contacted their customer support and was told no issues exists and if I did not believe them just look at their reviews. They don't even acknowledge that some users are having bug issues. So I guess we are just stuck with a faulty product that we paid for. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried another approach on a VATSIM flight to KCRP - ILS13 approach.
This time the aircraft captured in GS (green) but flew the approach way above the glide path.
Fortunately the visibility was good enough to hand fly in the final. 
Totally unreliable for IFR approaches seems to me.

Please login to display this image.

So I've experienced a separate, but possible linked, issue. Every now and then when I press "APPR" while I'm on an intercept heading I get HDG and VGP instead of LOC1 and GS and there is nothing I can do to change this. This happened on my last flight so instead I just used NAV mode and flew it as a LOC only approach. I then used VS mode to keep the plane on the glideslope.

This issue is that—with the autopilot still engaged—when I selected the flaps to 45 the plane stopped descending at the rate I had the VS set to. I had the VS set to -0.8 and the plane was descending at -0.2. Changing the VS did nothing.  I had to disengage the autopilot and hand-fly the remainder of the approach.

Not a big deal. But I agree with others. The ability to fly an ILS approach is a bare minimum expectation of ANY aircraft in a simulator such as this; let alone one I paid a decent amount of money for.

I'm having very similar issues so I did some troubleshooting and I've made a post about it. Let me know if anyone else is noticing the same thing.

Cheers,

Troy

Just in case, the problem in motion, reproduceable etc. Full approach so all actions visible. Deviation starts around 4:10. 

1 minute ago, Chaxterium said:

Incidentally, how are you able to record your screen like that?

AMD Driver Software has a whole bunch of recording options, though possibly dependent on your GPU (5700XT here). Nvidia should have similar capabilities with Shadowplay or whatever they call it nowadays.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This issue is not something that we are going to ignore and we do hear your feedback. With the update we tried different approach to implement the ILS in order to prevent the notorious death dive. But it's clear that this new method still has some problems with accuracy in certain situations especially at lower altitudes. Unfortunately it's not a simple fix but we keep looking for better solution and work with Asobo as well to find a way to improve this.

1 minute ago, Secondator said:

This issue is not something that we are going to ignore and we do hear your feedback. 

I don't think for a second that you're going to ignore this. The bugs you guys have already fixed is proof of that. I'm fully confident this will get resolved. 

Aerosoft advertises "first complex third-party airliner" and it cannot even take a normal ILS approach. I don't know why something like that is sold if it can't even handle the most basic of things. Sorry but, that's not fair. There are free planes that can do that so that shouldn't be the problem. I hope it gets better.

• Deputy Sheriffs
26 minutes ago, aLx89 said:

Aerosoft advertises "first complex third-party airliner" and it cannot even take a normal ILS approach.

Yes, you are correct. It's the first complex third-party airliner. That also means that most of what we have done, are being done for the first time also for this simulator. So it's evident that there are some hic-ups along the way. But we work very hard trying to identify and rectify these hic-ups to the best of our abilities as soon as possible and also learn along the way.

It's just hard to understand why the CRJ works the GS cleanly at some airports and not at others.
EDDF (orig.MSFS) - works
LIEO (Orbx) - works

LFKB (Orbx) - works
EDDM (simwings) - fails
LEAM (orig MSFS) - works

If you now use an original MSFS aircraft such as the Longitude (with WT G3000 MOD), the GS also works in EDDM.
What does the CRJ have against the GS in EDDM 🙂

vor 1 hour , Hoffie3000 sagte:

It's just hard to understand why the CRJ works the GS cleanly at some airports and not at others.
EDDF (orig.MSFS) - works
LIEO (Orbx) - works

LFKB (Orbx) - works
EDDM (simwings) - fails
LEAM (orig MSFS) - works

If you now use an original MSFS aircraft such as the Longitude (with WT G3000 MOD), the GS also works in EDDM.
What does the CRJ have against the GS in EDDM 🙂

I also did some tests and can't confirm that EDDF works:

EDDM 8R + L several time (simwings) - plane does not hold glide slope - it sinks too low a few miles before rwy.

EDDF 25C (default) - same thing - plane sinks too low a few miles before rwy.

It is manageable as it is not a dive but a slow sink below glide scope. Just disconnect AP earlier and hand-fly the rest.

But compared to WT CJ4 or FBW A32NX this is still rather insufficient. 

9 hours ago, Secondator said:

Yes, you are correct. It's the first complex third-party airliner. That also means that most of what we have done, are being done for the first time also for this simulator. So it's evident that there are some hic-ups along the way. But we work very hard trying to identify and rectify these hic-ups to the best of our abilities as soon as possible and also learn along the way.

I think you can make a simple solution now - working directors. Just choose fixed angle glideslope for all airfields with ILS. People will be able to follow right directors by hands. And you will have time to make full solution.

11 hours ago, Secondator said:

This issue is not something that we are going to ignore and we do hear your feedback. With the update we tried different approach to implement the ILS in order to prevent the notorious death dive. But it's clear that this new method still has some problems with accuracy in certain situations especially at lower altitudes. Unfortunately it's not a simple fix but we keep looking for better solution and work with Asobo as well to find a way to improve this.

I truly appreciate you posting this. It makes me feel better about Aerosoft. However, could you please advise your customer service about this issue and in providing a proper and informed response to inquiries from your customers. When I emailed Aerosoft asking about this I was told in no uncertain terms that there is no issues and if I did not believe it just look at the reviews for the plane. I was offered no explanation and was told that I was the problem, not the plane. Please keep your customers updated on your progress and tell the guy on the customer service emails to try some civility when contacted about this. Do this and your customers will stand by you as you work this out.   

12 hours ago, Secondator said:

Thank you for the reply, putting many hours on the CRJ.

I can confirm I am also experiencing the same issue with maintaining glideslope since the update. It was not present previously. When LOC 1 and GS are captured the aircraft consistently is below the glideslope and puts me on a path to impact the ground usually 1.5-2 nm short of the runway threshold.

This is rather disconcerting.

I put update 1.0.0.1 on and flew two short flights using FMS and HDG to align with LOC/GS. EGHQ to EGTE.

Selecting APPR, the aircraft flew perfect ILS captures?

Yesterday, on a lonish flight from EGNT to EGHQ the APPR did not work?

I am importing the FP from SimBrief and I am thinking that perhaps that has something to do with the failure to capture ILS, when using APPR after a full flight?

I bought Simwings EDDM and dont experience an issue with ILS capture on APPR?

Seems like every time I fly, I get diffrerent results......Great fun though...expect the unexpected and always hand fly the CRJ is nice to hand fly!

Cheers

Same problem as others. Flew into KBOS yesterday and it did manage to capture the GS but about 1/2 way in it stopped following it vertically and never really did align properly.  I've probably done 20 + flights and it never has properly followed the GS.

I use simBrief as well but I use MS to plan the flight IFR then copy the flight plan and type it into simbrief. I then export the flight plan to the CRJ as well as MS so that both are in sync. fwiw.

All I can add is that I just flew the "Dudes" route, EDLP to EDDM.

Route loaded direct from SimBrief. Live weather.

Perfect flight. :)

ILS LOC/GS tracked perfectly! Descent done, prior to ILS capture, with VNav following altitude constraints spot on.

Dunno what was fixed, but I uninstalled, then reinstalled and added patch 1.0.0.1

Im going to quit while Im ahead! 

I video recorded the landing in case there was any doubt!

Thanks

Archived