CRJ not following the glide slope

12 hours ago, MultiMediaWill said:

Still having GS issues after the update. ILS 26L at KLAS sends you into the ground long before the runway. What is this "Custom Glideslope Hold" feature that they added? 

I am still having issues as well

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have the issue. There is not even a terrain radar implemented, at least I have to be able to rely on the ILS/GS. We need it for bad weather conditions... 

Please login to display this image.

Same for me (still) and it's happening on every attempt now. Not in VNAV, recycled FD, recycled ALT - won't hold onto GS - typically an approximate -1,000FPM rate all the way down to the crash site if left on its own. FWIW - I've noticed that while in VS and it set to 0FPM +/- the jet will often still descend at -100fpm - connected issue??? One might ask "Why would you have VS set to "0 FPM"? Well, that because in bad WX on an ILS with a plane that won't maintain the proper GS, one must it seems resort to manually stepping down the altitude constraints on the ILS via VS.

Having the same issues here. I made the mistake apparently of contacting Aerosoft customer support to ask them about this issue. Was basically told I was an idiot and to watch the 250 videos out there showing the plane working properly and they offered no explanation or help. Guess we are not all really having issues according to them. 

Further to my earlier post, managed to make another perfect intercept (KMSY 11) and the aircraft followed both the LOC and GS (this time with the correct annunciations) - but around 1000' AGL the aircraft just decided to level off. On this approach, not a problem, but it does mean flying into true IFR conditions is a bit of a gamble.

Tried 20 approaches all into EGGP and had the same issues as before, GS nose diving (15 out of 20 approaches) and huge amounts of pressure needed to get the nose on the ground as it just wants to stay up, all on speed and weights etc as should be.

3 hours ago, Speedbird643 said:

Further to my earlier post, managed to make another perfect intercept (KMSY 11) and the aircraft followed both the LOC and GS (this time with the correct annunciations) - but around 1000' AGL the aircraft just decided to level off. On this approach, not a problem, but it does mean flying into true IFR conditions is a bit of a gamble.

Thanks for this report because I thought I had lost my mind last night flying the ILS 10 into KSYR, where this happened to me. Around 3-4 miles out, I went from Flap 30 to 45 and before I knew it aircraft had levelled off and I was 2 dots high on the GS. At first I thought it was tied to the config change, but this would explain exactly what I saw. Aircraft had been perfect on LOC and GS prior.

I am also having the same problem. Able to intercept the LOC but the plane will not follow the GS with APP mode activated (LOC is green and GS turns green but the final decent angle is not being followed).  I will try again and be sure radios are on auto and APP mode is armed prior to FAF (LOC and GS display white in the PFD).

Odd that I have had a few ILS attempts go well (Helsinki EFHK) but others where the GS did not work (EDDS and EDDM).  

6 hours ago, Speedbird643 said:

1 hour ago, atco said:

Thanks for this report because I thought I had lost my mind last night flying the ILS 10 into KSYR, where this happened to me. Around 3-4 miles out, I went from Flap 30 to 45 and before I knew it aircraft had levelled off and I was 2 dots high on the GS. At first I thought it was tied to the config change, but this would explain exactly what I saw. Aircraft had been perfect on LOC and GS prior.

I'm getting the same described behavior. On the latest version.

For me it doesn't do the crazy dive on GS intercept, but does it slowly so you have to disconnect about 1000 ft. Before the update, using VS 3 or 4 hundred feet a minute to intercept the glideslope I could stay on glideslope in APPR mode with autopilot on as low as I wanted.

same thing for me here , and in all video i seen since 2 days they must disengage AP to avoid crash.
Before the update i succeeded 3/5 of Ils aproach and now after the update 0/5 suceeded, So there is something in the code of the CRJ.
I love this plane anyway

I just updated via the MSFS content manager.
Did short flight from KIGM -> KLAS /26L

Plane captured ILS and followed below the GS all the way to touchdown, but did not nosedive.

Tried another ILS at KLIT  RW 22R. Plane was way below glide path here also. Would have crashed if I had not disengaged and took control.

Exactly the same issue, autopilot loses touch with reality from around 1500AGL in my case and just keeps drifting more and more below the glideslope. Flew the same ILS in the FBW A320 to see if it is a sim issue, but that flew the same approach flawless. I'm quite disappointed that this (IMHO) moderately expensive addon can't seem to get a handle on something that works fine in a freeware package.

1 hour ago, CRJay said:

Exactly the same issue, autopilot loses touch with reality from around 1500AGL in my case and just keeps drifting more and more below the glideslope. Flew the same ILS in the FBW A320 to see if it is a sim issue, but that flew the same approach flawless. I'm quite disappointed that this (IMHO) moderately expensive addon can't seem to get a handle on something that works fine in a freeware package.

Yeah it seems like Aerosoft is very quick to label issues as "sim issues"...

After 1,100+ hours played in the sim, I have yet to encounter ILS glideslope issues like seen in the CRJ. 

The A320 and CJ4 fly ILS approaches pretty flawlessly in my experience. 

The fact that the issue seemed to get worse after the latest update is also concerning. How did this pass QA? Being able to fly an ILS approach on a $50 add-on should not be an issue. 

2 hours ago, aLx89 said:

Will the problem still be fixed or will it just be ignored?

It WILL be ignored. I contacted Aerosoft via email and asked about this issue. I was rudely told that no issue exists and if I did not believe them just look at the reviews. So basically, if the plane works for for some, but not for all they will ignore it. 

Archived