No distance/time to TOD

I've been doing a couple of sorties now including the tutorial flight and apparently I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what! When I select VNAV window on the FMC MFD MENU page I don't get the distance/time to TOD as shown in the videos by the Dude. Mine only says DESCENT, then the first waypoint on the STAR that has an altitude restriction. What am I missing?

8 hours ago, jerseytom said:

When you get to the approach do you get the snowflake and blue ball for the descent profile? Or nothing? Wondering if you're experiencing the same as here:

Yes I get both.

6 hours ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

The TOD distance/time only shows when you are nearing the TOD. Don’t know the exact figure but could be somewhere around 10nm?

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it at all, but this sounds legit so I need to check again.

Hello,

I am facing similar issue, i.e. I do have a TOD display but there is no information about the descent rate shown on the legs page. This occurs roughly on every second flight. Thus, I have to use the DESC INFO on page three of the VNAV section. 

4 hours ago, benschooy said:

Hello,

I am facing similar issue, i.e. I do have a TOD display but there is no information about the descent rate shown on the legs page. This occurs roughly on every second flight. Thus, I have to use the DESC INFO on page three of the VNAV section. 

i think you can see your descent angle and VS required in the DIR INTC page....

Please check the flight plan for discontinuities in Legs page. Resolve discontinuities by for example selecting the item below by clicking it and then clicking the discontinuity or item above it to avoid duplicates.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:53 PM, BobbyFuzzy said:

The TOD distance/time only shows when you are nearing the TOD. Don’t know the exact figure but could be somewhere around 10nm?

From my experience it always appears at 00:02 / ±30nm from TOD.

Just some questions to those guys with difficulties seeing the TOD marker.

Are you using flightplans exported from Simbrief?

Have you tested data manual inserted into the FMS.

I never use simbrief and see always the TOD marker. 

Please login to display this image.

On 3/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, daan_vb said:

i think you can see your descent angle and VS required in the DIR INTC page....

Is this the descent rate required to reach that altitude at that specific waypoint of you fly direct there, or along the flight plan route? 

The issue is because you can't delete altitude and speed constraints as you can in the real airplane, if you don't want to fly to the constraint's, just as happens in real life, the calculated TOD will only give you a 3 degree path to the first waypoint with a constraint. So if there is a constraints early on in the STAR the calculated TOD can be far too early, and if you don't want to meet this constraint, you have to constantly calculate the descent rate required to a point later in the STAR/Approach yourself.  This is where the answer to my question would be useful!

Best

4 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Just some questions to those guys with difficulties seeing the TOD marker.

Are you using flightplans exported from Simbrief?

Have you tested data manual inserted into the FMS.

I enter flight plans manually 100% of the time, so that appears to not be the issue.

Archived