How to install EHAM Scenery

Hi,

I need some help with installing the scenery for EHAM on xplane11, I have read both manuals but I still cannot find out how to install it, I have placed it in different ways in the custom scenery folder but every time it says the that there is scenery missing, and some say there is a installer for the scenery but I have not seen it in the folder when i bought it, this is what I got in the Amsterdam folder but is there something else that I need to place inside so it works correctly or is it just drag&drop and nothing else. there is also a Read me first file, but it says al kinds of things with ini files which are not in this folder. Could you maybe explain me how to implement this scenery correctly in xplane 11

kind regards,

Jesse 

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hello Jesse,

you only have to copy the Amsterdam folder (Aerosoft - EHAM Airport Amsterdam) into your Custom Scenery folder.

Then start X-Plane 11 and choose EHAM.

Thats it for the first time.

This must work.

There is no setup exe file with the actual Amsterdam v 1.15. Unfortunately the manual is older and was not updated. 

But with X-Plane 11.50+ there is a small issue with a Lights Object.

This you can fix easy:

The faulty file is "lchtstrknd.obj"
The file can be opened with a simple text editor (for example the Windows Editor).
It is located in the folder "your x-plane folder/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EHAM Airport Amsterdam/custom objects/EHAM/"
There is one line in the file (towards the end):

LIGHTS 0 5

Simply comment them out with #.

So:

# LIGHTS 0 5

Save the file again.

Then the error message is gone.

I hope, this will help.

If not, then please send us your complete Log file (Log.txt) from your installed X-Plane 11 folder as a file attachement (not as tplain text here).

Then we will lokk for a problem....

Hello Heinz, 

Thank you for the Information, I will try that later and let you know. 

Is it also correct that there are less gates available to begin from or is that incorrect? 

Kind regards,

Jesse

• Administrator

Yes,

but you can install a new apt.dat file for all gates into the EHAM "Earth nav data" folder.

Make a backup from the old apt.dat.

The new apt.dat you find here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3477-airport-amsterdam-all-gates/

Greets Heinz

Archived