Engine Shutoff when ALT-TAB in VR

Jarhead_SGT

So, this has happened twice now.  Flying along, everything going great - ALT TAB to look at a map in Google chrome oustside of VR and whammy....engines off!  I look and the throttles I don't believe moved.  Any ideas here?

Valve Index

AMD 5950x

64GB Ram

NVidia 2080Ti

AMD X570 Creation

Saitek X52 HOTAS

Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro

I'd check your control mappings in MSFS, to see if anything that might result in the engine(s) shutting down, is somehow mapped to a switch on one of your controllers.  If that switch is set in the cut-off position, the alt-tabbing might cause the first synchronisation of the virtual cockpit with your physical controls and result in the engines being cut.

I had this happen to me, a few weeks ago, with the fuel mixture axis, that wasn't even supposed to be used in the aircraft i was flying.  I'd left the lever in  the full lean position and the aircraft was fine until an ESC then resume cycle, caused the engine to cut out.   I don't think the CRJ has this particular, fuel mixture axis issue, by the way, but there may be other valid controls that you have mapped.

I've just got round to checking this myself and it is indeed the fuel mixture lever that kills the engine, when moved to full lean.  Therefore, if you had it set there, whether the CRJ should use it or not, it will kill the engines.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived