Load flight plans from MCDU Menu

Hi

New here and loving the CRJ.

Quick question and it maybe already answered.  I notice while rummaging around in the MCDU - there is a page that displays all the flight plans currently in the system folder (one that I have imported from SimBrief)

MCDU>FMS>Route Menu>Pilot Route List

I can click on one and it says route loaded but nothing actually happens.  Is this a feature that is enabled (eg - we dont need to type in the 8 digit sim brief/ICAO code)?

Be nice to be able to load into an airport with a choice of routes to load in from the menu....

Please login to display this image.

I really wish we had the ability to utilize the default flight planner.   I have been using the default MSFS flight planner and really wish it would upload into the FMC.

I feel it is what most casual simmer would do and not a lot of new Flight Simmers are going to utilize or buy an external flight planner.  

I own the new CRJ but till they get all the features working and the bugs worked out I am keep it in the hangar. I am having a love\hate scenario with MSFS or go back to P3Dv5.

jeffg

On 3/21/2021 at 3:05 PM, Mark HM said:

Hi

New here and loving the CRJ.

Quick question and it maybe already answered.  I notice while rummaging around in the MCDU - there is a page that displays all the flight plans currently in the system folder (one that I have imported from SimBrief)

MCDU>FMS>Route Menu>Pilot Route List

I can click on one and it says route loaded but nothing actually happens.  Is this a feature that is enabled (eg - we dont need to type in the 8 digit sim brief/ICAO code)?

Be nice to be able to load into an airport with a choice of routes to load in from the menu....

Please login to display this image.

Yeah I cannot load line either. Says loaded and it isnt.. 

I have just started having this issue! It has been fine since launch and now today its dead. I had to load my entire plan by hand...The tedium, oh the tedium :(

I have re-installed the plane, re-set it..Still wont load a plan, not even ones that worked!

FPL are loaded as "Secondary FPL".

Go to such page and you will find it (once you press the button to load them).

THen form there you can activate the fpl as primary one.

This allows to load a new FPL even "in flight" as alternate or as a subsequent flight and activate it later on.

Just did a test loading the pilot route "MUCCGN01".  I believe this route came with the retail version. Those that are having problems loading it, can you test it using this route? I had no issues loading it here, but will investigate further.

As mentioned above, routes always load into the secondary flight plan, so they must be activated from the FPLN>SEC FPLN> ACTIVATE page. 

17 hours ago, Muffo said:

I have the same issue....I don't understand why load in the secondary flpn and not in the primary flpn.

It's so that you can create a secondary flight plan WHILE YOU ARE IN FLIGHT and not screw up your current flight plan. It's intentional. It's for situations where you're trying to decide where/if you need to divert.

It's really not a big deal. Load it into the secondary flight plan and then activate it. It's two button clicks.

Archived