Audible "Traffic" alert even with TCAS off

ozzie_expat

Every minute or 2 during flight, I am getting the audible "Traffic, Traffic" alert, however no traffic appears on the MFD (with Traffic ON) or on the VFR Map - it gets so annoyingly repetitive I have turned traffic off on both Com radio stacks, but still get the warning. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Some further info, even though I can’t see how it could possibly be related, but the issue appears to be present when flying over water, and goes away when flying over land. I know how crazy that sounds, but it seems relatively consistent for me.

I also had this issue but just one flight.  I was on vatsim with Group only for traffic settings, not sure if this was part of it but it's the only time it has happened.  I have flown about a dozen flights or so now, only once on Vatsim.

• Upvote 1

I have the same problem. The own aircraft seems to be recognized as traffic. The "traffic" is always at the same position and the same ALT than myself.

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1

On 21.3.2021 at 16:12, LH4371 sagte:

Thought TCAS is not even implemented in MSFS? So consider yourself lucky 😉. Besides that no idea how to help you. Sorry 

TCAS does work. It had it working fine once and as soon as i closed in to an AI aircraft for testing purposes, it said "Traffic, Traffic". Now I always have the above mentioned problem but i also see other traffic on my display.

• Upvote 1

Had it happened twice yesterday after take off. Climbing out, my aircraft on the PFD had a red block. Started from Turnaround state, didn't touch the radios or TCAS.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

I had never experienced this until today PABR to PANC.  Started upon reaching cruise.  Not over water.  SU7, flying on VATSIM.  No one else in Alaska.  

This flight had a couple of weird things.  The traffic alert and all animations stopped.  Buttons and switches "worked", like turn on the taxi lights.  The lights came on but no switch movement or sound.  Weird flight. 

I see this issue (traffic fallouts) IF:

there was a short disconnect/re-connectfrom the MS servers (on screen alert)

Then traffic alerts continue even when TCAS is turned off.

Oliver

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
25 minutes ago, JetNoise said:

I see this issue (traffic fallouts) IF:

there was a short disconnect/re-connectfrom the MS servers (on screen alert)

Then traffic alerts continue even when TCAS is turned off.

Oliver

Good report!

We will look into that.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I came across this problem today. The traffic alert going off every minute. No aircrafts nearby over the Baltic Sea between ESSV and ESSB, and continued right up to the runway. I use Simple Traffic if that has anything to do with it.

Best regards

Jan

• 9 months later...

Hi Mathijs, 

I can confirm that this issue is still happening. I rarely get disconnected from MSFS servers, but I did a short while ago. Not sure why, I'm still online and on Vatsim. The Traffic alert only happened a couple of times, until the MSFS servers completely kicked me off.

Regards,

Jack

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Does not change the fact it is hard to see that this is not a sim issue.

I think it is. I've never had the issue until I was disconnected from the servers, and it only lasted a few seconds... persay. 

• 3 months later...

Hi. Just to report it happened to me, today. Once over maybe 50 flights with the CRJ. 

It happened when the MSFS reported it lost connection to the servers and then reconnected back. 

This triggered an alert of "traffic traffic" triggered every 30 seconds approximately. I had to set TCAS to STBY. I turned it off, I've tried running the test again, it just kept happening until I've finished my flight. Leaving it on STBY seems to resolve the issue temporarly.

There is no traffic around reported on EFB or in IVAO where I'm flying online during this issue.

This apparently happens only with the CRJ, doesn't happen with other aircraft.