When I set everything into the fmc, take off and press NAV the aircraft fly's the SID correctly, but every time I reach the entry point to the STAR (last waypoint eg VASUX for LGW 26L) Nav stops working, disengages and will not allow me to switch it back on, meaning I keep having to fly the star manually. I cant seem to understand why it does this when it does the SID correctly.

Any suggestions as to what i could be doing wrong is well appreciated, thank you.

On 3/25/2021 at 1:50 PM, Secondator said:

Hello Matthew,

Sorry for the late reply. Do you have any discontinuities around the first waypoint of the STAR?

Exactly right, gets to the first STAR waypoint then basically disconnects from the flight plan (so I have to fly it manually) best way to word how I can describe it

8 hours ago, Matthew Tunkelo-Bonner said:

--EDIT--

I have just removed the discontinuity from my flight plan, lets see how it flies the STAR now! @jerseytom

Be interested in hearing a resolution. What really is annoying to me is when you get to the end of the STAR and the CRJ turns 180 degrees and then twist and turns then heads towards the final approach even with discons deleted,  I remember this kind of aircraft behavior back in the early days of PMDG, Phoenix Sim Software,Level D during FS2000/2002.

I think this is more an Asobo issue than Aerosoft just look at the behavior the default aircraft have and those USR waypoints.

1 hour ago, rsmith6621a said:

Be interested in hearing a resolution. What really is annoying to me is when you get to the end of the STAR and the CRJ turns 180 degrees and then twist and turns then heads towards the final approach even with discons deleted,  I remember this kind of aircraft behavior back in the early days of PMDG, Phoenix Sim Software,Level D during FS2000/2002.

I think this is more an Asobo issue than Aerosoft just look at the behavior the default aircraft have and those USR waypoints.

I haven't seen that one yet, Can you save it in the FMS and attach the resulting file here somewhere?

Some of the weirds ones I haven't found a way to properly duplicate yet so I make sure I save all my plans. So now so if I need to re-fly it I know I'm doing exactly the same plan and setup.

Archived