Flying vectors without atc..fms question

So flew into weather today at Memphis and where I can usually fly the entire approach by hand the weather made it impossible. 

When not using atc how do I fly vectors when part of the flight plan?  How do I advance the fms to know to go direct to approach fix?

Also at times I hit the hdg button and use the obs to change heading and the CRJ doesn’t turn. 

I think these things are the last things to figure out before I head to vatsim in the CRJ. 

thanks all!

If you're at a "vectors" stage I think you just have to go into HDG mode and figure out your own vectors to get to the next point. If you're doing vectors to the ILS, from what I've seen so far you'll pick up the LOC signal before long and you can just get sorted that way.

There's also the "direct to" page on the FMS and you could pick the waypoint you're wanting to get to and activate it that way.

Archived