VOR-DME in the flightplan

Anyone knows, how to pur a VOR-DME in the flightplan ?

Like ELBE (LBE), CHARLIE (CHA) or SPESSART (PSA).

I always have those in my flightplan and I can‘t enter them as 3 letters are not accepted.

How can I solve this or is there any special trick without using the frequencie ?

Would really appreciate some help to get those waypoints into my FMC.

Please login to display this image.

What does RSK3 means ? (or where can I find it?) Sorry if this question is stupid.

Just tried to insert it below the other waypoint which is not working.

58 minutes ago, YetiAir said:

What does RSK3 means ? (or where can I find it?) Sorry if this question is stupid.

Just tried to insert it below the other waypoint which is not working.

RSK is right soft key. So the 3rd black key down on the right side. 

So under GIMRU type in MIC and press the button to the right. That doesn't work? It should. 

Vor 1 Stunde, haskell99 sagte:

RSK is right soft key. So the 3rd black key down on the right side. 

So under GIMRU type in MIC and press the button to the right. That doesn't work? It should. 

That‘s not working.

It always says, NOT FOUND.

And that’s not the only VOR which I can’t insert. It’s basically all VOR waypoints.

Hi @YetiAir, can you try giving the full flight plan route, including departure and arrival airports? Also, are you using the Aerosoft nav database that came with the sim, or an add on such as Navigraph?  I did some brief experimenting on my end, and noticed an odd behavior. Some of the waypoints, such as PSA resulted in a NOT FOUND message when trying to enter them on the FPLN page. But it will work fine if entered on the LEGS page. Obviously this isn't correct, so with a little more info we can get an internal bug report submitted. 

vor 3 Stunden , JuiceBox7535 sagte:

Hi @YetiAir, can you try giving the full flight plan route, including departure and arrival airports? Also, are you using the Aerosoft nav database that came with the sim, or an add on such as Navigraph?  I did some brief experimenting on my end, and noticed an odd behavior. Some of the waypoints, such as PSA resulted in a NOT FOUND message when trying to enter them on the FPLN page. But it will work fine if entered on the LEGS page. Obviously this isn't correct, so with a little more info we can get an internal bug report submitted. 

Yesterday for example I flew EKCH-EDDL with this route from Simbrief: NEXEN T503 GIMRU MIC KEGAB UZ706 MOBSA L980 OSN M170 HMM T851 XAMOD

For all VOR waypoints I wasn't able to get those in the FMC via the FPLN page. Didn't know, that you can enter them also via the LEGS page. Will try it later on today.

Yes, I'm using the normal  Aerosoft nav database and I don't have any addons such as Navigraph.

@YetiAir, problem solved! Try using MICOS instead of MIC. That VOR was just decommissioned and replaced by a GPS waypoint, as per the latest Jeppessen Chart Notices that came out 5 days ago. What are the odds?! 

I was able to get the entire route to work using MICOS instead of MIC. If you run into any other issues, let me know. 

On 3/21/2021 at 5:07 AM, YetiAir said:

Anyone knows, how to pur a VOR-DME in the flightplan ?

Like ELBE (LBE), CHARLIE (CHA) or SPESSART (PSA).

I always have those in my flightplan and I can‘t enter them as 3 letters are not accepted.

How can I solve this or is there any special trick without using the frequencie ?

LBE and PSA VORs have been decommissioned - they no longer exist, which is why they do not appear in the nav database. CHA VOR is still active though - at least for now.

Both the USA and Germany have decommissioned many VORs in recent years. Many are very old systems, and have become difficult or impossible to repair if they malfunction because of lack of spare parts. The main reason for removing VORs from service is for cost savings and the move to using GPS as the primary navigation system for all aviation operations.

Archived