IAS to Mach transition

Standard is 290/O.74

The airplane should do it automatically but it sort of doesn’t, it does it too late, and then when it does it doesn’t really follow the set Mach, it will climb at a greater Mach than .74, yet another bug sadly.

1 hour ago, abennett said:

Standard is 290/O.74

The airplane should do it automatically but it sort of doesn’t, it does it too late, and then when it does it doesn’t really follow the set Mach, it will climb at a greater Mach than .74, yet another bug sadly.

Yep, I experienced the same my last flight. SPD set to M.74 but the aircraft trying to maintain a higher speed, thus the climb rate practically zero. I had to switch to V/S mode which worked as it should.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:43 AM, mhron said:

Yep, I experienced the same my last flight. SPD set to M.74 but the aircraft trying to maintain a higher speed, thus the climb rate practically zero. I had to switch to V/S mode which worked as it should.

yep, it becomes basically impossible to climb in clouds and with anti icing on

3 hours ago, abennett said:

yep, it becomes basically impossible to climb in clouds and with anti icing on

Welcome to the CRJ. If you are above 230kts IAS unless you have an active Ice message turn the wings off, If you aren't in a cloud or precip turn the wings and cowls off. If the SAT (not TAT) is -40C or less turn it all off, you won't pick up ice in temps that cold.

Here is a bit of a guide to our real world anti-ice usage.

When in Icing conditions only (Visible precip or cloud)

Any time you have an active ICE caution (yellow) OR Advisory (green) message both wings and cowls will be on until the ICE message disappears from the Advisory (green) messages

When no Ice message but in visible precip or cloud

Greater then 10C TAT Wings and cowls off        

Less then 10C TAT but warmer the -40C SAT  

Below 230kts Wings and Cowls on

Above 230kts Wings off Cowls on (yes we really do fly without wing anti ice on in this situation)

Less then -40C regardless of TAT 

Wings and Cowls off

Note if you have an ice message wings and cowls will have to be turned on until the message clears regardless to temps or visible moisture/clouds

On 3/22/2021 at 6:08 PM, Matthew2312 said:

Welcome to the CRJ. If you are above 230kts IAS unless you have an active Ice message turn the wings off, If you aren't in a cloud or precip turn the wings and cowls off. If the SAT (not TAT) is -40C or less turn it all off, you won't pick up ice in temps that cold.

Here is a bit of a guide to our real world anti-ice usage.

When in Icing conditions only (Visible precip or cloud)

Any time you have an active ICE caution (yellow) OR Advisory (green) message both wings and cowls will be on until the ICE message disappears from the Advisory (green) messages

When no Ice message but in visible precip or cloud

Greater then 10C TAT Wings and cowls off        

Less then 10C TAT but warmer the -40C SAT  

Below 230kts Wings and Cowls on

Above 230kts Wings off Cowls on (yes we really do fly without wing anti ice on in this situation)

Less then -40C regardless of TAT 

Wings and Cowls off

Note if you have an ice message wings and cowls will have to be turned on until the message clears regardless to temps or visible moisture/clouds

thanks so much for this, will take a bit of memorising!

Archived