"Fixing" MSFS ATC not recognizing the Squawk code.

Thx1137

I didn't have any luck using the center pedestal radio to set the squawk, radio 1 look like it worked OK but thee was no ack from ATC.  I could never get the actual code entered on radio 2. It would change to a different number by itself.

So, I tried the radio page in the FMS instead. I'm not sure if I needed to enter it on both or not. I entered the code from ATC into the FOs panel first and she immediately cleared me through class C. So maybe just the FOs works or maybe both.

Not perfect but MSFS ATC at least works so it is progress.

Yes, I've experienced this too. Sometimes pedestal ATC setting works well, other times it's only configureable from the FMS. Now I usually start with TA off, then accept ATC SQUAWK from standard ATC communication and starting TA _after_ it was accepted (even if it doesn't set correct SQUAWK either in pedestal radio, nor in FMS) it works later. Strange stuff since some times it's correct, others, not working. Could not find the reason for that, yet...

I've also had a Vatsim controller ask me, and another CRJ pilot who was on frequency at the time, to enter our transponder codes again. The controller commented that there seems to be an issue with the Aerosoft CRJ when it comes to this.

I've just gotten used to setting it in both places whenever I change it.

Same here, but I think I found out what might help but only with default ATC. It seems that when ATC gives me clearance and squawk code I must not put it in to the radio before I read back the whole clearance. I guess the usual thing is that after confirming, the squawk code is inserted into the transponder automatically (as is the case with all default aircrafts). In this case, even though I do not put the squawk code before reading back the clearance, as per default action the code is (maybe?) inserted somewhere "there", or the readback makes ATC "assume" the transponder is set already? Anyway, after reading back the clearance I put my squawk code and operate my transponder normal and I have no problems with ATC requesting me to reset transponder.

Best

Andrew

First read back clearance 

then FMC 

then pedestal

then knob to 1

worked on my test flight and my issues are gone 👍

Archived