SO DISSAPOINTED ON THE FLIGHT SIM 2020 CRJ

Rolando Riccio

I'm so disappointed by buying this Plane, Why? Don't get me wrong is such a beautiful, BEYOND that, "AMAZING", work done by these people but in all reality what AEROSOFT missed to understand (At least with this model) is that Flight Simulator foremost "IS STILL A GAME", yes, I get it, sophisticated enough for real "PILOTS" to enjoy the GAME, but for people like me, which I'm sure I represent a HUGE AUDIENCE, for this amazing game, that love airplanes but don't know much about aviation, that would expect to install the plane, set up a couple of buttons (LIKE ALL THE PLANES CURRENTLY UNDER NATIVE FLIGHT SIM 2020 HANGAR) and just FLYYYYY. The plane is sooooooooo technical that unless you are a pilot, and I mean a pilot is just impossible to fly, Do I have to take a course in order to fly this plane?, FAA Certified?  Do I have to buy a log book with it? What part of the word GAME has AEROSFOT missed???. So sad.....

15 minutes ago, Miguel Perales said:

Alot of people also like the depth of this plane. not every plane on the game is gonna be "click a few buttons and fly" they have to cater to everyone.........

Yeah, some of us are happy to learn new things instead of wantingevery thing dumbed down.

Hey relax a bit, there are plenty of aircraft that are simpler or simplified to operate. It’s a good thing to have a range of aircraft available including some that are more complex because some people appreciate that too. 

The CRJ has been advertised from the beginning as "the first complex aircraft for MSFS". It was difficult to miss that.

On the other hand, you have A LOT of youtube videos explaining how to set up this plane and go flying, is not that hard.

I love complex aircrafts, and I started flying MSFS this week because until today there was no interesting airplane to fly in MSFS.

What I wanted to point out, is, like you can see, everyone is different. I'm not going to bash aerosoft if they decide to release an "easy to fly" plane because for sure it has an audience, but that audience it's not me and I, simply, will not buy it.

Seriously Rolando?  They should only make planes you want to fly?  

This is a Transport Category Jet Airliner, not a C-150.  Between us gentlemen can’t people like me who need to know how every button and knob work and people like you who just want to grab the X-box controller and get airborne happily coexist in MSFS?

To be fair, I don't think there was any question going in that this was going to be a more involved aircraft than the default stuff. Shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

With that said, while a lot of the tutorials and checklists appear quite involved... it's really not that bad. If you don't want to do an emergency oxygen test or fire system test or whatever - then don't, you don't need to. Really a pretty easy plane to get started u. Or you can use the EFB and get the plane in a ready-to-go condition with a click.

Flying it really doesn't seem all that dissimilar to the CJ4 in some regards, e.g. not having auto throttle and having to work it a bit.

3 minutes ago, Island_Flyer said:

Seriously Rolando?  They should only make planes you want to fly?  

This is a Transport Category Jet Airliner, not a C-150.  Between us gentlemen can’t people like me who need to know how every button and knob work and people like you who just want to grab the X-box controller and get airborne happily coexist in MSFS?

this is exactly why we cant. I thought this plane was a huge relief to the community who was waiting for an actual airliner. 

That has to be a joke ^^

The pros complain the game is too less simulated and the beginners complain that it would be too much..

Honestly, i dont want to be a dev for planes in flightsim. It has to be horror like little amount of other areas in development. 

1 hour ago, Rolando Riccio said:

I'm so disappointed by buying this Plane, Why? Don't get me wrong is such a beautiful, BEYOND that, "AMAZING", work done by these people but in all reality what AEROSOFT missed to understand (At least with this model) is that Flight Simulator foremost "IS STILL A GAME", yes, I get it, sophisticated enough for real "PILOTS" to enjoy the GAME, but for people like me, which I'm sure I represent a HUGE AUDIENCE, for this amazing game, that love airplanes but don't know much about aviation, that would expect to install the plane, set up a couple of buttons (LIKE ALL THE PLANES CURRENTLY UNDER NATIVE FLIGHT SIM 2020 HANGAR) and just FLYYYYY. The plane is sooooooooo technical that unless you are a pilot, and I mean a pilot is just impossible to fly, Do I have to take a course in order to fly this plane?, FAA Certified?  Do I have to buy a log book with it? What part of the word GAME has AEROSFOT missed???. So sad.....

You are aware there are Dumb Down default aircraft that come with MSFS 2020. Fly the NEO if you don't want to learn.

30 minutes ago, rsmith6621a said:

but for people like me, which I'm sure I represent a HUGE AUDIENCE, for this amazing game, that love airplanes but don't know much about aviation, that would expect to install the plane, set up a couple of buttons (LIKE ALL THE PLANES CURRENTLY UNDER NATIVE FLIGHT SIM 2020 HANGAR) and just FLYYYYY.The plane is sooooooooo technical that unless you are a pilot, and I mean a pilot is just impossible to fly, Do I have to take a course in order to fly this plane?, FAA Certified?  Do I have to buy a log book with it? What part of the word GAME has AEROSFOT missed???

Assuming you are not a forum troll, I will ask you the question nobody else has asked.  WHY in the world did you buy it ??  Maybe, just maybe, you should consider the dozens of default aircraft available at NO extra charge  

Rolando. Please go fly any of the default MSFS aircraft if you don't want to take the time to learn how to fly something complex like this.

This is what we have been waiting almost a year for, so excuse us for being bewildered as to why you'd like Aerosoft to "gamify" this masterpiece.

2 hours ago, Rolando Riccio said:

I take it you won't be buying any PMDG then?

I feel like this thread got out of hand real quick but I do not agree with the negative approach of Rolando at all. You should have known from day one what kind of plane this was since we literally had over 230 pages of chatter. But to vehemently down talk Aerosofts products without even giving it a try, learning, YouTube videos, manuals, etc. It's 2021 and the information out there is accessible.

Same with I am getting absolutely tired of streamers talking nothing but negative in regards to the CRJ. They go straight to "ITS PRODUCTS DEFECT" without even watching tutorials or reading the manuals. I'm sorry but I knew from the get-go that the people who would have the hardest time learning this aircraft are the people who are so used to total automation and A/T on Beings and Airbus lol. I am not saying this product is 100% free from issues, but when we have real CRJ pilots streaming flying the plane have less issues than a regular simmer, it's literally user error (which I am also guilty of).

Can't stand people not wanting to put in the time to learn something new and awesome.

5 hours ago, Rolando Riccio said:

No you dont need a log book or be type rated to fly this plane what you do do is the same as others and READ THE MANUAL it is ther efor a reason.

Perhaps this is not the hobby for you if you dont want to fly the technical aircraft.

5 hours ago, Rolando Riccio said:

Most people consider it (and the whole of the MSFS series) a simulator.

"simulator n. - A machine for simulating certain environmental and other conditions for purposes of training or experimentation."

Take this as an opportunity to learn more about aviation.

it must be a joke... did you just buy the MOST complex aircraft for msfs and then complain its complex?

Aerosoft, the plane is phenomenal. waited so long to have this masterpiece in MSFS.

can't wait for the 900/1000!

Keep up the amazing work :)

I dabbled in flight sim a bit the past 20 years, and I mean a very small bit. Then MSFS came out and I've since flown over 500 hours in the sim...so I'm pretty much brand new as of this past summer.  Learning these complex planes can be done. It's really not that bad really, assuming you've been flying the Working Title CJ4 and the FBW 320, you should have a firm grasp on flight planning and AP, setting up for takeoff, descent, etc.  Aerosoft was good enough to not only provide literally hundreds of pages of documentation, but a full tutorial series, which I've watched in full twice.  It's really not that difficult, though a busy descent can be challenging.  If you're the least bit interested in the aircraft, there is a wealth of information out there to help you learn it, and learning it is so rewarding.  If you're not interested enough to do that, then I have to ask why did you buy it? 

And then there already is the freeware CRJ for months with a default “easy” clickable cockpit connected to it.

manuals are available for the aerosoft CRJ for months also ..... so you can know in advance this “study level” ... si how can you now be disappointed 

Archived