Hyper responsive elevator

I've got my curves set at -38% on elevator and aileron, however the slightest pull on the joystick sends the nose shooting skywards, same if push forward, the nose just shoots down, can't imagine this is typical behaviour? 

Using TM Airbus stick. 

• Developer

We have four reasons for not flying right:

1. Using LEGACY versus MODERN flight model => change to MODERN

2. Weather with icing condition which in MSFS is only putting way too much weight onto the aircraft => switch to ICING only VISUAL effect

3. Incorrect loading from EFB to Sim - sometimes a double click helps

4. The CoG slider is full to the left => put it fully to the RIGHT (35%)

A other thing I'd like to add is how the nose will stay pitched up after landing at like 50ias and you have to command a lot of forward stick to bring it down, surely this relates directly to the super responsive elevator? 

• Developer

If your elevator is in neutral position. It has no pitch up effect.

We are working on a better behavior, but in a CRJ you need to set the front wheel down. You should not use reverser before it is down.

2 hours ago, metzgergva said:

We are working on a better behavior, but in a CRJ you need to set the front wheel down. You should not use reverser before it is down.

I love this aircraft but I'm sorry to say that the landing behavior is quite far off from the real CRJ.
In the real aircraft you should never push the nose down to settle the nose wheel... The aircraft has a natural pitching down tendency and you will have to slow down that tendency by pulling back on the stick and the reversers can be used without a problem before the nose wheel touches. It might slow down the pitch down moment but I can assure you that it will not make the aircraft cartwheel. All my landings in the real aircraft have been done that way as that's how we are taught. The FCOM never states that the nose wheel must be on the ground. As a matter of fact, you activate the reversers as soon as the main wheels touch down. 
As I fly the 1000 and not the 700 I had a doubt at first, but I watched youtube videos and you can clearly see the up elevator all the way until the nose wheel touches, and the reversers opening before before the nose wheel settles down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ne2I_1Ui8

1 hour ago, Nicco54 said:

I love this aircraft but I'm sorry to say that the landing behavior is quite far off from the real CRJ.
In the real aircraft you should never push the nose down to settle the nose wheel... The aircraft has a natural pitching down tendency and you will have to slow down that tendency by pulling back on the stick and the reversers can be used without a problem before the nose wheel touches. It might slow down the pitch down moment but I can assure you that it will not make the aircraft cartwheel. All my landings in the real aircraft have been done that way as that's how we are taught. The FCOM never states that the nose wheel must be on the ground. As a matter of fact, you activate the reversers as soon as the main wheels touch down. 
As I fly the 1000 and not the 700 I had a doubt at first, but I watched youtube videos and you can clearly see the up elevator all the way until the nose wheel touches, and the reversers opening before before the nose wheel settles down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ne2I_1Ui8

Thank you for confirming the strange ground handling behaviour on touch down, it's every time I land the nose just wants to stay in the air, right down to 50IAS or even less at times. You have to force the nose down. 

2 hours ago, Wynthorpe said:

Thank you for confirming the strange ground handling behaviour on touch down, it's every time I land the nose just wants to stay in the air, right down to 50IAS or even less at times. You have to force the nose down. 

Yes, I get the exact same thing... The real aircraft behaves completely in the opposite way :) You can watch any youtube video of the 700, 900 or 1000 and you'll notice that the PF will pull on the stick to bring the nose down gently.
Side note, after the nose wheel has settled it's good practice to push the stick forward, but only when the front gear is on the ground, not before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Du you arm the ground spoilers? 2 switches next to the throttle quadrant.

The process is flare, idle, touch with mains, spoiler coming up, reverse idle only, let the nose drop, and only then full idle if required.

I'm sad to say that I can even get the airplane airborne after landing (so landing configuration) and ground spoilers deployed at ~95KIAS or about 40kts below Vref. Whole aircraft, but particularly the nose still feels very, very floaty compared to how it should be. I realize not everything might be in your control/or to blame on you in this new sim, but it really crushes immersion and realism.

23 hours ago, metzgergva said:

Du you arm the ground spoilers? 2 switches next to the throttle quadrant.

The process is flare, idle, touch with mains, spoiler coming up, reverse idle only, let the nose drop, and only then full idle if required.

Yes I do, I've got about 15 years of flight sim experience and real world hours towards PPL also. 

The nose just wants to stay up. 

Archived