Load variations limits to use for completing EFB or weight UI

• Developer

Here are for both planes some references on the loading capabilities. They are named by the aircraft type and max forward, standard and max rearward CoG.
Standard is what I consider a typical loading, about 95% MTOW -my standard flight and that is what you should get when loading the aircraft
Max forward is full passenger load but less fuel to be again around 96-97% MTOW - a max passenger flight
Max rearward is no passengers nor flight attendants and about 45% fuel and around 75% MTOW - a classical training flight with no passengers
You can find the weights and the number of passengers per sector

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

We plan some more details for the weight UI, so you have some guidance on the number of passenger per section and some limit information to use the UI properly. 
Alternatively we work on the issue of loading the EFB data into the sim which then should correspond to this if you transfer the default data.

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting an issue where after setting the ZFW in the efb, once im in the air i notice the planes flying crap, really sluggish on taxi too, check performance tab and its added weight to my ZFW (set 27***kgs, changes to over 28***kgs), putting me over MZFW, i wonder is this related to my issue, as its only happened since update 1 ?

• Developer

It is better to use the individual load stations and double check that the weight in sim corresponds to the EFB and the entries in the FMS. 
check it with loading the aircraft without any manipulation which should give you a reference flight behavior.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2021 at 2:53 PM, metzgergva said:

Looks like super useful info.  Now I just gotta figure out how best to use it LOL...

KKT

Funny this thread came up now…

For a good number of flights now, I noticed that - while following an approach pattern, at speeds around or below 230 knots - my CRJ550 tends to develop a nose up attitude of up to 10 deg. This makes the plane really hard to control. The only thing I can do is to add quite a bit of thrust, which in turn leads to excessive speed. 

Today, while struggling again with this nose up tendency during approach, I looked at the EFB/Performance and found that the green ball was all the way to the left. After landing it had moved more or less back to center.  

I usually fly without altering the load presets in the EFB at all, I just push the two buttons to transfer the EFB data into the FMS and synchronize with MSFS.

Any ideas what this behavior might be due to? I can‘t remember if I had this problem before the update (but back then the CRJ was new for me and I simply might not have noticed any subtleties about the plane. 

• Developer

...all the way to the left and nose up tendency do not correspond at all, the effect would be the opposite.

I see funny changes on the slider position from time to time without any reasons lately. So I can only recommend to check things prior take-off so that the EFB and the UI are in line. And do not use ESC during flight.

ok, thanks!

I‘ll check before my next flight if EFB and the load page in MSFS are in sync (I assume that‘s what you meant with „UI“?).

During a flight I never use ESC, so that can not be the culprit…

Archived