What & When To Use TURB

moxiejeff

I assume the TURB next to Autopilot means to turn on during turbulence, but technically what does it do to assist in turbulence? Also, do most CRJ pilots IRL use this button when on AP? Any advice would be appreciated.

It's pilot preference, all it does is reduce the aggressiveness of the autopilot responding to flight path deviations. I really only use it if I want to keep the seatbelt sign off but the chop is starting to get borderline to strong to have people walking around. That being said the CRJ handles turbulence really well, certainly far better then the Ejet so it can be somewhat rare that I have to use it. That being said if we are getting our teeth kicked in by turbulence I want all the autopilot response I can get so I would not have it on in that situation. But again at least here that is all pilot preference and we are not given any guidance on it in any of our manuals. 

• Herman locked this topic

Archived