CRJ LVar Help

Hello! I've been using the CRJ's LVars in SPAD.NEXT to assign functions to my Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo. I'm doing well so far in getting extra things mapped but one issue I am having and I cannot figure out is how to map the autopilot modes. Example: I have gotten the AP ENG and AP DISC to work with the autopilot button my Bravo but I can't figure out how to use the LVARs to get the nav/hdg/alt/etc. to engage/disengage. Has anyone had any success with this yet?

If you are looking LVars for AP buttons they are:

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT, Number)

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_APPR, Number)

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_HDG, Number)

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_NAV, Number)

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED, Number)

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_VS, Number)

(L:ASCRJ_FCP_VNAV, Number)

Those are toggles so passing 1 will turn them on and also turn them off

So LVARS do work? The last post I saw from the Snapd.Next author was that they don't work but to "stay tuned". Seeing the LVAr inspection tool doesn't work with MSFS how do you know what LVARS to use?

Is there an updated post somewhere?

1 hour ago, Thx1137 said:

So LVARS do work? The last post I saw from the Snapd.Next author was that they don't work but to "stay tuned". Seeing the LVAr inspection tool doesn't work with MSFS how do you know what LVARS to use?

Is there an updated post somewhere?

Some reports say that LVars work with spad.next but HVars don’t (yet). No need to use HVars with CRJ tho.

I use AAO and all variables are supported.

You can collect needed LVars either from aircraft XML files or from Model Behaviour tool which can be enabled through developer mode.

LVARs do work with the latest beta of spad.next. You have to switch to the beta channel and install the LVAR bridge. You can find the bridge setup in C:\Program Files\SPAD.neXt\GamePlugins

Hi,

i know with spad.next you can log the LVARs from the CRJ if you press something in cockpit.

Are you know other programs that can do also? i have only AAO and FSUPIC.

On 19.3.2021 at 18:14, A320pilot23 sagte:

Here you go. Maybe you also have to install the LVAR-bridge for MSFS in order for the profile to work, not sure about that. But there´s a video on youtube on how to do that. Also note that I mapped the TCAS switch to COWL and the seat belt signs to the autothrottle switch. :)

CRJ.xml 56 kB · 60 downloads

Here you go. But note that you’ll need the latest beta of spad.next and the lvar Bridge installed.

• 8 months later...
  • Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, B1900 said:

There was no list attached to the video?

Thanks

Hi B1900,

I didn't say the list was attached to the video. :-)
The list was attached to the post : 

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

13 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi B1900,

I didn't say the list was attached to the video. 🙂
The list was attached to the post : 

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

Touche - I've only been reading, writing English for 57 years - I'll get it right one day.

Any chance of a sticky listing all the "current" Lvars and Events? Hunting around for a current list can be frustrating

Thanks

Jon   

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, B1900 said:

Touche - I've only been reading, writing English for 57 years - I'll get it right one day.

Any chance of a sticky listing all the "current" Lvars and Events? Hunting around for a current list can be frustrating

Thanks

Jon   

No worry !
I will ask the developpers as the frequent updates often change interface behavior and compatibility.

However feel free to dowload and save this list for now.

Have a great weekend.

Archived