Unable to follow the route properli in LNAV

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another example enroute from LEZG to LEPA (routing: PONEN UN870 BCN UZ167 LORES). Aircraft starting the turn too early and then zigzagging to get back on track. In the end I engaged selected heading to re-capture the path. 

Please login to display this image.

As this is happening to me on almost every flight, I put the plane in the hangar for now until this issue is resolved. Don´t get me wrong, I love the CRJ and I highly appreciate the work Hans and the team have done! But this bug really kills the experience I must say. I hope it is gonna be fixed with the next patch.

Same problem here, heading north the plane will “zigzag” if I don't manually correct this for miles and miles to the north.  Above all, it is fanned by crosswinds.  There are also problems in anticipating the turn.  I hope they fix it soon, it has been a while and we are quite the affected.  Greetings

Same here. KGSO to KORD, FL200. After fighting to get the aircraft to actually climb in AP, it randomly wobbles left and right. What a waste of $50, how can the A32NX team out perform a company? I don't mean to be insulting but good gracious, I've made 7 test flights and can't make it 50nm away from my origin airport but I call it quits. 

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Caleb Oxford said:

Same here. KGSO to KORD, FL200. After fighting to get the aircraft to actually climb in AP, it randomly wobbles left and right. What a waste of $50, how can the A32NX team out perform a company? I don't mean to be insulting but good gracious, I've made 7 test flights and can't make it 50nm away from my origin airport but I call it quits. 

But as you have seen in the many videos around, this is an issue that affects some people. We are still not sure exactly what causes it (and to a very large degree are simply unable to replicate it) but in the next update some changes have been made that hopefully change this behavior.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But as you have seen in the many videos around, this is an issue that affects some people. We are still not sure exactly what causes it (and to a very large degree are simply unable to replicate it) but in the next update some changes have been made that hopefully change this behavior.

By chance any idea when the update is coming?

On 5/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, phnkone said:

Same problem here, heading north the plane will “zigzag” if I don't manually correct this for miles and miles to the north.  Above all, it is fanned by crosswinds.  There are also problems in anticipating the turn.  I hope they fix it soon, it has been a while and we are quite the affected.  Greetings

The cause of the problem with the aircraft constantly zig-zagging when flying headings close to north with a crosswind has been found. I am about to fly a test flight with the beta version on a specific route where this issue was 100 percent repeatable to confirm the fix.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:32 PM, JRBarrett said:

The zig zagging on north headings with a crosswind is fixed.

That is welcoming information. I hope we can expect an update soon?

Any time frame we can expect the update? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year?

I flew from EDDL to EDDB and did have this behaviour although I flew to the east and NOT to the NORTH...

Really annoying and renders the CRJ unflyable on VATSIM. That means no use at all for me as I fly always on VATSIM. 

I also have this problem at his waypoint. The plane cannot catch the return at 2 waypoints on each flight.

On 8/5/2021 at 15:45, JRBarrett said:

Se ha encontrado la causa del problema con el avión constantemente zigzagueando cuando se vuelan rumbos cerca del norte con un viento cruzado. Estoy a punto de volar un vuelo de prueba con la versión beta en una ruta específica donde este problema era 100 por ciento repetible para confirmar la corrección.

What great news, the solution seems closer.  Thank you so much

• Aerosoft
On 5/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, CommanderX said:

Really annoying and renders the CRJ unflyable on VATSIM. That means no use at all for me as I fly always on VATSIM. 

Yesterday I saw 43 (!) CRJ's on VATSIM at the same time.  Perhaps you could ask them what they do to make it work? 

@Mathijs KokWill this problem be resolved with the update?  Thanks in advance for the answer.

10 hours ago, murat006 said:

I also have this problem at his waypoint. The plane cannot catch the return at 2 waypoints on each flight.

12 hours ago, murat006 said:

@Mathijs KokWill this problem be resolved with the update?  Thanks in advance for the answer.

23 hours ago, murat006 said:

We found a bug where the autopilot was using too steep a bank angle at high altitude for turns. Above 31600 feet, the autopilot goes to 1/2 bank mode, where the maximum bank should be 15 degrees. The switchover was happening correctly, (you can see the message “1/2 Bank” on the PFD), but the turn function in the autopilot was ignoring that and still using 30 degrees of bank, which can lead to the issue you show at high altitude and high airspeed. It is normal for the autopilot to “cut the corner” and turn inside of a waypoint when there is a significant course change (the real aircraft does the same thing), but with a 30 degree bank angle, the airplane was turning too far off course, and causing the issue you show in you screen shots. This fix is included in the update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.5.2021 at 23:00, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yesterday I saw 43 (!) CRJ's on VATSIM at the same time.  Perhaps you could ask them what they do to make it work? 

Hey Mathijs, 

Yes, obviously not everyone has this left/right/left/right problem. I do and as I said it renders it unflyable, at least for me. 

I am looking forward to the upcoming patch 🙂

Except the one (big) problem I have its a very nice plane and an awesome addition to MSFS. 

Archived