Engines won't start after Bravo Throttle Quadrant Installation

Malzabin

Hello All,

I've been flying the CRJ on MSFS since it came out without any issues whatsoever. Now for some weird reason, engines won't turn on either manually or by selecting one of the aircraft state buttons. N1 stays at 3.0 and N2 at 25.0 and won't change. I tried removing the aircraft (deleted the folder from the official folder - bought off MS store) and reinstalling to no avail. I'm not sure what else I can try at this point.

Flew yesterday with no issues. Literally the only thing that changed is that I  installed the Bravo Throttle Quadrant earlier today.

Edit: Fixed. Issue was that prop and mixture were assigned to the same axis as throttle. The problem is I had to manually search and delete, it wouldn't come up by scanning. Now I have an issue with AP not engaging (either through the quad or click) -- I assume its another conflict idk

Please login to display this image.

vor 2 Stunden , Malzabin sagte:

Fixed. Issue was that prop and mixture were assigned to the same axis as throttle. The problem is I had to manually search and delete, it wouldn't come up by scanning.

Yeah, we had that a lot. An easy way to check if the controller has some sort of interfeerence is to create new profiles for each of them (excluding KBD and Mouse). Those profiles should be completely empty of any bindings (but do doubleckeck that). Jump in the aircraft and see if you have any issues.

You should disable every yoke/throttle button that has an 'always on" state in the sim setup and map it either map them using VJoy or Spad or just leave them disabled.

It is exactly the same issue as the 10 degree bug we have always had.

For the AP, you can just set the yokes Avionics Bus 1 switch to ON. But it is unclear if any other switches will interfere. There were at least two but I cant remember the other one.

1 hour ago, Thx1137 said:

You should disable every yoke/throttle button that has an 'always on" state in the sim setup and map it either map them using VJoy or Spad or just leave them disabled.

It is exactly the same issue as the 10 degree bug we have always had.

For the AP, you can just set the yokes Avionics Bus 1 switch to ON. But it is unclear if any other switches will interfere. There were at least two but I cant remember the other one.

Absolutely. When it came to my AP issue, avionics master was assigned to one of the blank switches and it wouldn't let me switch AP on (even though everything else on the A/C was functioning fine despite the switch setting). I just unassigned all my switches since most of the Alpha or Bravo switches don't seem to work yet anyway -- safer that way for now.

So lesson learned. For every new type of aircraft, un-assign all the axis and switches before programming.

Issues encountered so far related to not properly programming the Bravo properly:

• ENG1 or ENG2 throttle is not stable (Only happened when I first installed it and I also had my previous throttle plugged in)
  • Inability to start either engine - N2 gets to 25.0, N1 to 3, but no ignition (issue was throttle/mixture was assigned to the same axis)
  • AP not engaging (One of the blank switches was assigned to avionics, and was switched off. No other flight systems were affected by that switch being in the OFF position)

What's the solution to the 10 degree bug?

7 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Yeah, we had that a lot. An easy way to check if the controller has some sort of interfeerence is to create new profiles for each of them (excluding KBD and Mouse). Those profiles should be completely empty of any bindings (but do doubleckeck that). Jump in the aircraft and see if you have any issues.

I would agree for the axis and switches. I can imagine going through the pain of remapping the AP panel. So basically I did just that - a new preset with only AP, gear, and trim mapped.

2 minutes ago, Malzabin said:

What's the solution to the 10 degree bug?

Removing all "always on" settings from the MSFS device configs. I have a convoluted VJoy + Spad.Next setup that I use to map all those switches for The Alpha and Bravo.

I attached my VJoy setup if you're interested and you want to try working it out. Spat.Next is only used for my radio panels, I think...

The VJoy device setup is 60 buttons with no axis.

Once you have this and you removed all the "always on assignments" you have to go into MSFS and select the VJoy device and assign all the commands you unassigned from the Honeycomb gear.

If you try it, create a profile called VJoy in MSFS for your yoke and throttle to prevent messing up your current setup.

Like I said, convoluted!

HoneycombOnly.xml

Archived