Aircraft is jumping after engaging AP

If I activate the AP after takeoff and am slightly above or below the FD the plane begins to jump until it captured the FD. This needs a smooth transition. I am not a real CRJ pilot, but I dont think this is a real life behavior. 

Even the expensive study level aircrafts from legacy flight simulators does that if you haven't trimmed the aircraft correctly. Next time you engage the autopilot, make sure that if you release the yoke then the airplane doesn't change attitude - it means that you are on the correct trim setting and the AP doesn't have to do big corrections.

vor 21 Stunden , silverrocket sagte:

Even the expensive study level aircrafts from legacy flight simulators does that if you haven't trimmed the aircraft correctly. Next time you engage the autopilot, make sure that if you release the yoke then the airplane doesn't change attitude - it means that you are on the correct trim setting and the AP doesn't have to do big corrections.

Ok thank you, will try it next time. Maybe I am flying to often Airbus with Flybywire systems. :D

vor 23 Stunden , Puukka sagte:

I´ve just recorded a short vido showing this issue.

I´m stabile and settled at 5000ft, 250kts, FD is centered. ALT is armed at 5000ft.

I engage the AP and the plane starts a harsh climb well above the altitude.

Regards,

Herbert

Altitude Capture Issue - YouTube

Archived