CRJ engines shutdown and lost the entire flightplan without any warning

Radler

Hi guys,

I am quite familiar with the CRJ and flown it dozen of times. After purchasing the MSFS2020 model yesterday I tried to fly a standard route from EDDM-EGFF.

Twice the CRJ had shutdown engines und lost the entire flightplan without any warning. It just happened after 52 min of flight overhead Belgium.

The attached photo shows that ther is no memory issue and cpu / gpu are in a good shape. To restart the engines I enabled Xflow and GravX to enable fuelpumps that had gone on any reason.

Restoring the flightplan hasn't work either.

Flight model setting = modern

Have you got any idea what was going wrong twice?

Radler

LH067U

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have the AIRCRAFT page open on the EFB. In some cases if you click away from the sim right where the EFB panel state buttons are it registers a click and will reset to the panel state configuration. We'll apply some counter measures to prevent this on the next update.

vor 19 Stunden , LH4371 sagte:

something different, which tool are you using to display the CPU/GPU mini map top right?

It is MSI Afterburner with Riva Statistic server

vor 12 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

Do you have the AIRCRAFT page open on the EFB. In some cases if you click away from the sim right where the EFB panel state buttons are it registers a click and will reset to the panel state configuration. We'll apply some counter measures to prevent this on the next update.

I usually have the checklist open or the performance page to automatically set the speeds

Same happens to me, engines randomly shutting down while taxiing to the runway or in mid-flight.

:( :(

Is there at least any way to load last flight plan? 

Every time plane shuts down itself i need to fill the whole flight plan again, and when i have 10 to 15 airways it is really frustrating.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 3/26/2021 at 9:12 PM, Matej Vojtáš said:

Same happens to me, engines randomly shutting down while taxiing to the runway or in mid-flight.

:( :(

Is there at least any way to load last flight plan? 

Every time plane shuts down itself i need to fill the whole flight plan again, and when i have 10 to 15 airways it is really frustrating.

Hi, Most likely this is caused by clicking on another monitor on the area where the EFB panel state buttons are located. MSFS still registers the first click outside the sim window for some reason. We have added some countermeasures to prevent this happening on version 1.0.0.1 which is now available.

Hello, i may be wrong but my observations are that this engine shut down happens only with CRJ 700, the first days i bought it i flew with 550 - no issues, then i flew several flights with 700 - problems started, and last maybe 4 days i am only flying with 550 again and i no longer experience random engines shut down. 

Funny thing is that i also experienced several game crashes and game freezing while flying 700, but when flying 550 all seems good. 

I too encountered engines suddenly disappearing on me and the flight plan going missing. I had touched a dial/rotating knob that I assigned to spoiler axis, and thought sudden hydraul loss was the problem. Not exactly correct.

The same knob had been assigned to the fuel mixture, back when I used more prop planes. Turned to zero, this 'knocks out' the aircraft. Rotating knobs being what they are, even a small bump of the throttle is enough to make it jump from e.g. 41% to 42% and possibly back and forth. If you load your flight with the mix knob turned to 0%, the aircraft will first pretend you have it at 100% until it is bumped up or down.

If you have an axis with prop control/fuel mix assigned, you could wiggle the knob and see if you can reproduce these results. My solution was to delete the mix assignment; I'll restore it if I fly another airplane later.

• 4 weeks later...

I experienced this tonight as well using the included CRJ 700 Delta Skywest Livery.  It happened at the exact moment in which I selected the push button on the CRS1 on the FMC dash.  instantly, no engines, no flight plan, fuel switches off, and air off.  the EFB was open to the performance tab, but as I said, I did not click near it, I clicked on the CRS1 button.  It was my first flight after purchasing it today.  Fortunately it was a shorter flight and i did not lose hours of flight time, however, I a little reluctant to try again until I see a response for the other reported issues.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, this issue is extremely annoying and unpredictable, even with no mixture axis set up on my throttle, I've had the CRJ shut down mid flight entirely just because I slightly reduced throttle. Is there any way of making this bug appear less frequently?

Archived