Cabin ALT

YetiAir

Hi, can anybody say what a normal cabin alt and when it stops increasing ?

Yesterday I had some red number and did an emergency descend from FL360.

Nor I'm on FL260 and the cabin alt is also increasing fast.

Unbenannt 1.bmp

Same for me! I thought I messed something up..

Googled it and apparatenly it (once?) was an issue for the CRJ in the P3D version, had something to do with pausing the flight at some point. I can't remember I paused anything. However, I did have to restart the flight after the FMC hung up on me while entering the flight plan before this flight.

After ignoring the warning long enough, the "PASS OXY" came on and later the red alert appeared as shown below. 

Please login to display this image.

Here is the solution.

If your C ALT becomes yellow or red, it means your PACS are not ON and your air conditioning is not on. Click both PAC buttons to ENSURE they are on and turn on your A/C and your pressure will begin decreasing and working.

This does appear to be an issue where the packs are not on. With no airflow from the packs, the cabin will never pressurize. The clue is the cabin temperature which shows -48C in one screen shot, and -50 in another.

Another thing that could cause it (even if the packs are on) would be if one of the cargo doors has been left open.

If the packs are not on, there should be a white message on the status display that indicates they are off. I know for sure this does work on the ground, but it may not be working in flight. I will test this, and if that proves to be the case I will post it in our bug tracking system.

The best way to avoid this is to follow the check lists in the EFB for each stage of flight from “pre-flight” through “ready for takeoff” - especially if you are new to the CRJ, and not yet familiar with the systems.

Yes the two packs have to be on. The pack buttons on the overhead do not light up, so use the ECS page to check if the packs are shown in a green box (green on, white off)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived