Engine shutdown and loss of fpl during cruise without warning

Radler

Hi guys,

I am quite familiar with the CRJ and flown it dozen of times. After purchasing the MSFS2020 model yesterday I tried to fly a standard route from EDDM-EGFF.

Twice the CRJ had shutdown engines und lost the entire flightplan without any warning. It just happened after 52 min of flight overhead Belgium.

The attached photo shows that ther is no memory issue and cpu / gpu are in a good shape. To restart the engines I enabled Xflow and GravX to enable fuelpumps that had gone on any reason.

Restoring the flightplan hasn't work either.

Flight model setting = modern

Have you got any idea what was going wrong twice?

Radler

LH067U

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

I also had the same problem in the cruise for two times. At this moment I switched through the different views. When I came back to the cockpit the engine completely goes to shut down. After restart the flightplan data was gone.

Dear all,

this kind of stuff usualy comes from a button or key mapping that cuts the fuel to the ENG. Please tell us what controlers you use and if you have this happening constantly then assign new empty profiles to the controllers and try again.

This happened to me on CJ4. Also sometimes couldn’t start up. Found that I had to unassign mixture axis from my saitek throttle.

Everything worked well after that.

@Radler

I just had a similar issue which I found to actually be related to a mixture axis that I had setup for some general aviation airplanes. Make sure that you don't have a mixture axis/mapping assigned to anything! That cured the problem for me.

Hello,

I had a similar issue (but flightplan did not disapear). Last occurence was an hour ago, left engine shut down 4 times in a row just before the take off. Later in the flight, left engine shut down again.

I made a video of a shutdown (the third before the take off) in case it can help you. Each time it happens when I touch the throttle to increase or decrease power.

I am totally new to CRJ so maybe I made something wrong but I don't think so in this case.

My controller is a ThrustMaster T-16000M FCS HOTAS

Regards,

Hello,

I reply to myself as I can't edit my post anymore.

Yes it was the mixture axis that was at minimum position because of a previous engine shutdown when flying the Spitfire.

So yes, don't forget to unassigned this axis.

1 hour ago, Paikanx said:

Hello,

I had a similar issue (but flightplan did not disapear). Last occurence was an hour ago, left engine shut down 4 times in a row just before the take off. Later in the flight, left engine shut down again.

I made a video of a shutdown (the third before the take off) in case it can help you. Each time it happens when I touch the throttle to increase or decrease power.

I am totally new to CRJ so maybe I made something wrong but I don't think so in this case.

My controller is a ThrustMaster T-16000M FCS HOTAS

Regards,

Archived