possible bug ?

In flight just now but my mouse input has no operation on the overhead switches and buttons etc.  I can still control the aircraft autopilot etc so not a big deal but the overhead panel buttons and BARO Pressure button are not functioning with the mouse ??

This happened to me ONCE when I had a PFD "popped up".  I no longer use this feature and I have not seen it happen again.  This may not be related, just throwing it out there.

May be connected to this discussion, my third flight went a bit strange.

The control for the PFD and other screen was playing up on captains side during taxi, I could not alter the barometric pressure so just pressed B and thought nothing of it.

I took off from EDDM on 26R following procedures, think I might have clicked speed and Nav before rolling rather then when climbing out.

I took off and was climbing out as per the tutorial all was going well, the screen was displaying FMS (All white etc) but the aircraft just climbed straight ahead and did not follow the Nav path.  The Nav button, speed button and AP buttons were all on and lighted.

I then noticed that none of the panel for the captains side screen was working.  They all turned but changed nothing.

I changed to a 3/4 view across to the co pilots screens and had to use heading mode to get the aircraft to navigate, and it would not re-engaged the Nav button even when I updated the FMS.

I flew almost all the way to Heathrow using the heading bug the FMS kept updating itself but would not allow me to use Nav button.  But otherwise it was nice to fly and descent went ok.

I was thinking how I was going to get the ILS setup when I then discovered that I could alter the captains screen from the co pilots panel so was able to set up for the ILS and prepare to land at Heathrow.

Landing had to be visual in the end as when it picked up the glide slope it just went for the ground.  I was at the 3000 feet height (from charts) for meeting the glide slope not above.  Maybe next time will go below from what I read.

I had used the method for pulling the screen to a window a few times to alter settings during the flight.

Hope this is useful, I really am enjoying this aircraft.

regards

Doug

• Herman locked this topic

Archived