Alt Knob in AAO

Hello,

Could anyone help me getting the altitude knob be bound to a key using AAO? I don’t know how to script and have been trying to figure it out for hours. What exactly should I type in the AAO script editor?

Thanks in advance

For the altitude knob, go to the Scripting menu and select manage RPN script.

Enter a script title of you choice and insert the following as script:

For Alt Increase: (L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number) ++ (>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number)

For Alt Decrease: (L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number) -- (>L:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE, Number)

(the spaces will appear as dots in AAO). Then click "Save as new"

It should look like this:

Please login to display this image.

Now you should have the script available in you key events. Note that the behavior is a little weird. If you press the button multiple times in a row without pause, it reduce/increase much more that 100 ft. So to fine tune, you need to make a short pause between the key presses.

Also, there are a lot of other buttons you can map. To find them, start MSFS 2020 with the CRJ loaded and run AxisAndOhs. Once connected, go to the scripting menu and select "Read local LVARs from sim". 

Once that is finished (takes some time), you will see "Local Variables" in the actions that you can assign. The names are pretty self explanatory, so I am sure you will find the 

Hope this helps

I am not sure, looks good and works for me - I am starting the AAO application as admin - I think that is required for the LVARs to work. Did you try that?

Also, did you read the variable list before setting up the macro (via read local LVARs from sim). Not sure if that is necessary, but it certainly does not hurt

Fid you test it from the macro editor? Also not sure if repeat fast will work, because as written above, repeating the button press quickly results in very large alt changes

Looks good to me - except the repeat, as mentioned before. Which version of AAO are you running? Do you have the lorbysi-content-hooks folder in your Community folder? This is required for the communication to work.

Do you see the LVARs populated when you run "Read local LVARs from sim"?

Where can I find documentation about the scripting language in AAO. I did a first test for my new Aerosoft CRJ with AAO and it works but I need more info about the scripting language to program stuf on my own?

Archived