High pitch on approach

So I finally had a flight without this issue but I tested two things at once and not sure which helped.

First, instead of setting the PERF FMS data by hand I used the COPY PERF INT DATA to FMS.

Fuel and Pass/WT are the same as what i would set by hand, Cargo is not.

You can see in the screenshot that the cargo is set to 940KG. When setting this by hand I put 738.

Second is the use of anti-ice on cowls/wings the entire flight.

No need for a screenshot on this one. I engaged all anti-ice settings before takeoff and turned them off after landing. 

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

This just confirms that even when set to Visual Oly the aircraft is loaded with ice weight which has all the effects described in the forum.

Putting all AI on early is a cure when you fly in conditions in which  Icing may occur.

See my pinned posting on icing in the FAQ section.

• 10 months later...

I know this thread is old, BUT, I had the same issue. Do you by any chance have a spoilers axis, or flaps axis set? If you do, disable them.....

Im using a honeycomb bravo quadrant and had a flaps axis and spoilers axis set. When I disabled them, the behavior stopped. I read on a forum I found from a while back and it said that having an axis set for those creates a "ghost spoiler" bug where the spoilers appear retracted, but theyre still providing drag. Also, try loading via the EFB using ZFW instead of pax and cargo. 

Archived