High pitch on approach

Pitching 25 degrees sitting at 3000FT cruising at 180 knots. It's on a stall path, even at 160knots approach speed aircraft is unstable, is this something known? 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

We have four reasons for not flying right:

1. Using LEGACY versus MODERN flight model => change to MODERN

2. Weather with icing condition which in MSFS is only putting way too much weight onto the aircraft =>switch to ICING only VISUAL effect

3. Incorrect loading from EFB to Sim - sometimes a double click helps

4. The Cog slider is fully to the left => put it fully to the RIGHT (35%)

Having the same issues. I think that this will be a pilot error from myself, but i cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Flight model is modern, icing set to visual only, efb data are perfectly copied into sim, and cog slider is fully right.

The complete flight works perfect, but as soon as i get below 200 knots, the pitch seems to get weird high. 

Saw some videos today where people are flying at 150 kts on the glideslope with a pith about 0-1 degrees... when i am fliying this speed on the GS (which is catched perfectly!), i need a pitch of 10 or more degrees. Trying to make some screenshots in a few minutes, so maybe anyone can see where my problem is

As promised, a few pictures from my latest testflight. Don't know what I am doing wrong - watched a lot of videos where others didn't have that problem, but i actually do not know what to do different. I am also having the same issue like some others that the nose lifts up on departure by itself and it needs some heavy push forward upon the yoke to get the nose done after rear wheels touching the ground at landing. Propably that helps anyone to get my problem.

So, load settings:

Please login to display this image.

Icing:

Flight Model:

And know the situation at descent:

At 25 KTS, everything seems quite normal:

lower altitude, also 250 kts, but catching the level flight, nose begins to pitch up:

220 knots, AP cannot hold the altitude completely and sinks a bit, nose is pitching up to about 7-8 degrees:

210 kts, getting to 10 degrees pitch:

tried different flap positions, this times flaps 1 at 210, 8 at 200, 20 at 190, (i do not know the next stage), and full flaps about 150-160. But also tried the same steps from the manual, starting with flaps 1 at about 200-190. 

So, the GS will be catched perfectly, as the plane starts to descend. 

But in final (the plane is stabilized), nearly perfect at the reference speed for final, nose is up by 10 degrees, althoug I am descending perfectly:

what am i doing wrong? 🙂

Propably found some reason!

Made a screenshot from out of the plane, and found out this thing: 

Flaps are full at 45, the little white marker also shows: flaps full, but the degrees of flaps stays at 0! May be can anyone, who has NO problems, check if the number of flaps degrees are shown correctly to him?

The this would completely explain the very high pitch of the aircraft and would match all my problems!

13 hours ago, metzgergva said:

2. Weather with icing condition which in MSFS is only putting way too much weight onto the aircraft =>switch to ICING only VISUAL effect

Whats the "COG Slider"? Where do i find this please?

2 minutes ago, Thx1137 said:

Center of Gravity. It is in the MSFS weight and balance section. Where you would set the fuel in default planes.

Is that before you press "fly"? not when you are loaded in the sim and select fuel at the top menu?

19 minutes ago, ANGeL-Wario said:

Flaps are full at 45, the little white marker also shows: flaps full, but the degrees of flaps stays at 0! May be can anyone, who has NO problems, check if the number of flaps degrees are shown correctly to him?

The this would completely explain the very high pitch of the aircraft and would match all my problems!

Nice one, id say you've got it.

Have you checked to make sure you have no "always on" control assignments that could affect electrics, hydraulics or flaps? There are two situations where such an assignment has caused issues. I'm back to using Spad.Next and VJoy with my Honeycomb setup and it is working great. Well, except we can't use the throttles Inc/Dec for altitude. (Partnership, hah!) Haaanns! 🙂

Would be great to see that of someone to hasn't got the pitch problem, if the number is displayed there correctly 🙂 maybe someone can help out?

figured out in another testflight: flaps 45 makes a HUGE difference in decreasing speed, but i do not know if the generated lift is correct.

I am using the TCA aribus joystick and throttle (without the extension for the flaps). I already "unbound" the standard axis for flaps (which I do not have, as I do not have the extension 🙂), but no effect, the number stays at 0. I "deassigned" all switches and buttons of the throttle quadrant :) still no effect :( 

1 hour ago, ANGeL-Wario said:

This is probably the reason why some people get flaps config warnings on take-off even though it's indicated (in cockpit) they're at 8. Good find!

2 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

@Wynthorpe

Do not use the sim flightplanner for entering fuel and weights for the CRJs.

Check only the CoG there.

Fuel and weights loading only via the EFB.

Yes i do that, however people keep saying slider to the right, I cant see a slider?

I have the same problem with the CRJ. and when flying high (> 30k ft), the pitch attitude is also wrong. Nose up, and weird sinks and climbs, the autopilot cannot hold the altitude. I have the same problems with the 747 too, but not with the A320. 

I checked the 4 "reasons": 

Flight model is MODERN, ICING is not the case (no cloulds, no icing? And no warnings..), Load is calculated with the EFB, and the COG Slider ist always fully right.

The CRJ AND the 747 are not flyable for me. Does anybody have found a solution for that problem?

Just came here to see if there was a reason it just happened to me. Everything setup exactly as suggested above. Trying an approach... speeds all right, flaps set, nose up ridiculously high and still sinking 900 FPM. So it's def a problem, not us.

I experienced this problem on a recent flight and it appears that the airplane is still experiencing icing effects despite it being set to visual only in the sim. I noticed the ICE annunciation being displayed, flipped on the wing anti ice for a few seconds, and it was back to flying normally. And again, this is despite the icing being set to visual only in the sim.

I have the same issue. Don’t think it’s icing since it’s on takeoff as well. Plane rotates to about 10 degrees pitch up by itself at a bit above 100 knots. When landing I need to force the nose down with a lot of forward stick pressure. And no, it’s not because of trim.

Hello,

I have the exact problems described in this post. That makes one more. 

Gonna follow the solutions or update proposed by AS cause at this point the landing kills the pleasure of the entire flight.

Archived