Flight path symbol on the HUD

bendead

I have a problem with the flight path symbol jumping up and down during approach, the last post on it was marked as answered but no confirmation about this issue.

Ok, I did a couple more ILS landing, and on a lot of them the flight path symbol is all the time above the zero degree pitch line, from the HGS manual on smart cockpit :

For example, if the FPS is above the ZeroDegree Pitch Line, the aircraft is climbing. If it is below the Zero-Degree Pitch Line, the aircraft is descending

I really hope there will be improvements on the HUD, it's awesome to manually land aircraft on any runway, and Mathijs even told me on the product preview topic it was more or less the same as PMDG, well we are far from what I had on the FSX 737NGX.

For the moment, the HGS mode with the less issue is FD, still testing with an ILS approach, but a very weird thing. Without changing anything, the flight path symbol, FPS, is way below runway threshold, I tried :

- Option>camera>height from 50 to 45>save, it will make the FPS, go 15 degrees up

But switching back

- Option>camera>height from 45 to 50>save, will make the FPS pointing at the runway threshold like it should

Sadly, about 700' AGL to touch down, it will go back over the Zero-Degree Pitch Line and stay there

Archived