Auto Pilot WILL NOT engage in CRJ 700 MSFS.

Otonabee

Have read the manual, watched every YouTube tutorial and I still can't get my AP to engage.  Can confirm that I have my flight plan loaded properly, no warnings showing and yaw damper on.  I take off with no issues, start to climb at correct speed, I click Nav button, followed by Speed button, get my plane following flight director and then proceed to click Auto Pilot button.  All the other buttons light up with the green lights, EXCEPT the Auto Pilot.  I am completely lost and beyond frustrated.  Not sure if I am missing something in the start up process, or if my copy of is simply buggy and not working.  Have tried 50 something times to get this working and each time my AP does not engage/connect/work.  

I have been using ONLY the mouse to activate Auto Pilot and the rest of the buttons in cockpit.  I have a Honeycomb yoke/throttle which is binded perfectly for all other planes in MSFS however none of the buttons work in CRJ 700 other than the yoke/thrust/speed brake and flaps.  So I am literally clicking the AP button with the mouse so thinking it is not a key binding issue????  NO idea what is wrong, anyone have any bright ideas????

Im having the same issue, not sure what im missing? went over the videos and checked all my settings.  I am using the bravo throttle, maybe something to do with that, but im just guessing now. It did work for me last night, but today, nothing. the autopilot light does not illuminate at all any more, its as if the button was dead.

Rob

I think I figured out what was going on, At least in my case. Using the bravo Throttle, I built a profile off of the default profile for two engine jets. One of the black toggle switches (far right one) was set to avionics master. I never used them and forgot they were even there. It was always in the off position.  But the avionics master on the Honeycomb yoke, was the only one I used. Anyhow, that toggle switch must be on, or I guess just un-bind it from that switch and you should be good to go!

Rob

A search would have answered your question hours ago.

There are two issues.

1. Yaw damper is off. They must be on.

2. You have a Alpha yoke and need to turn on Avionics Bus 1. Obviously if you don't have this yoke but this is off is forced off another way AP still wont work.

• 4 weeks later...

The implementation of the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and the CRJ aircraft is very poor.
The autopilot cannot be activated due to a conflict in the assignment. However, I have indicated to use it further time and hope for an update. The assignment of the thrust leavers to the aircraft graphics is also poor. The turbines become faster and the trust leaver does not yet move in the aircraft. 
The whole CRJ series belongs revised for use with the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, Helmi44 said:

The implementation of the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and the CRJ aircraft is very poor.
The autopilot cannot be activated due to a conflict in the assignment. However, I have indicated to use it further time and hope for an update. The assignment of the thrust leavers to the aircraft graphics is also poor. The turbines become faster and the trust leaver does not yet move in the aircraft. 
The whole CRJ series belongs revised for use with the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Please do not hijack topics , just make a new one in the correct forum section.  Can I also ask you not to send the same text to our support department and the forum? One would be enough. 

Archived