Preview : Lord Howe Island (old)

That looks superb! The only small thing that looks a bit unrealistic is the looks of that stone edge around the end of the field in this picture.

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/a...ero_lord_03.jpg

No idea how that looks in real life but that texture used looks more like the smaller stones that you find in real life rather than huge rocks like these. Just my personal observation of course. :)

Ah that looks more like basalt to me. The texture used looks more like the stones you can see used in old walls used on old houses or walls, like you see all over Ireland for example.

Lol, seeing you guys discussing the size of some rocks in the approach I realize how far we made it in detailed sceneries by now... :)

Bests,

Sascha

Lol, seeing you guys discussing the size of some rocks in the approach I realize how far we made it in detailed sceneries by now... :)

Bests,

Sascha

Ah yes but I guess it's not getting easier for you guys unfortunately. A few flightsims back texture sizes were so small that you still had to use your imagination a lot to see that wall. Nowadays we're up to photoreal level and things have to be correct to make me believe. :wink:

It's simple: Just plain awesome. Looks great and produces high frame rates ... 50+ most of the times with 1920x1200x32 8xAA and more or less maxed out sliders for FSX Display options.

Keep in mind that I am currently running two new 9800 GX 2 1GB in SLI for an online review, HOWEVER, my 8800 GTX x 2 looked just the same.

I run DX 10 all the way baby!

Check out that water eh?

Very nice work guys!!!!!

Tim

• Aerosoft
It's simple: Just plain awesome. Looks great and produces high frame rates ... 50+ most of the times with 1920x1200x32 8xAA and more or less maxed out sliders for FSX Display options.

I run DX 10 all the way baby!

Check out that water eh?

Very nice work guys!!!!!

Tim

Tim could you please report the the base commanders office immediately? The chief likes to have a word about noise, bird sanctuaries etc. Nothing too serious, but let's put it this way, you might want to get a few fresh pens from the supply officer as you will be doing a heck of a lot of form filling in the next 4 weeks.