EFB aircraft page - a logic question

M4V3R1CK

Hi guys,

I have a logical question about the aircraft page in the EFB or more precisely to the wheel chocks and the ground power cart: 

So in the first image the wheel chocks are removed which means we have no control over the ground power cart and the ground air cart.

Please login to display this image.

The second image shows that if we place the wheel chocks we have control over the ground carts.

So I enable the ground power cart:

And in the end I remove the wheel chocks again and the ground power cart stays connected. But now I can't disconnect it. So I have to place the wheel chocks again.

So my question would be if it's possible to change this to one of these options?:

1) If you remove the wheel chocks, the ground power cart and the ground air cart will automatically be disconnected or

2) The ground power cart and the ground air cart will be independent from the wheel chocks.

Or maybe you have some input why it is how it is? :) 

Thanks

Hello @M4V3R1CK, all your observations are correct!

No chocks means you can not issue a command for the GPU.

To the last picture: Standard op would be to start the APU, Remove the GPU, then disco the chocks.

If I'm not mistaking, there is a limitation right now because the sim does not recognize what "chocks" are.

Newertheless, I will raise the Q to the DEV if it would be possible to "force" GP disco before chocks removal.

I checked again the flow and there is some sort of flow check already implemented: as soon as you ask for P/B, the GPU will disco automatically.

I still added this to our tracking list for review maybe there is a way to implement a "check if something is connected" before removing the chocks.

Is this ok for you?

I’ve actually had this issue but it creates one other anomaly - The light on the overhead will show the GPU as available when airborne. 

I do use a 3rd party pushback utility so that may interfere with the pushback logic. 

I think a protection to remove the GPU if you click the chocks would work. 

vor 5 Stunden , xterminator24 sagte:

I do use a 3rd party pushback utility so that may interfere with the pushback logic. 

You might be right. We already saw other interference with the CRJ because the P/B addon took control over the Parking Brake.

vor 5 Stunden , xterminator24 sagte:

I think a protection to remove the GPU if you click the chocks would work. 

It's on the to do list.

I forgot to mention: Welcome to the forum and hope you are enjoying the product.

Archived