What am i doing wrong?

Have not managed to do a successful landing with ILS because everytime it catches the glideslope the CRJ begins to descent rapidly and have everytime reached the ground a long way in front of the runway.

What am i doing wrong? 

Have tried both with and without setting MDA but same issue occurs 

@Andreas Holmberg see the link above.

I would add my suggestion: A real pilot would immediately disco the AP and take manual control.

The next time it happens try this: as soon as you see that aggressive down pitch, disconnect the AP, disconnect the FD disconnect the APPR, level of the ACFT (but stay below the GS) -then-

reconnect FD, reconnect AP,  engage APPR again (in other words try to intercept the GS again).

If I remember correctly it worked on my end pretty well.

I've had the same issue multiple time. Catches GS and starts to follow path and I'm at approach speed.
Then the AC noses down or goes below flight path. I have to take manual control.

4 hours ago, Andreas Holmberg said:

Have not managed to do a successful landing with ILS because everytime it catches the glideslope the CRJ begins to descent rapidly and have everytime reached the ground a long way in front of the runway.

What am i doing wrong? 

Have tried both with and without setting MDA but same issue occurs 

I had this happen on my first attempt with an ILS approach. I tried again at KPHX and selected NAV instead of FMS on NAV Source and it caught the GS perfectly. 

A suggestion: before intercepting the glideslope, dial in a lower altitude on the autopilot control panel, and just as the glideslope diamond reaches center, select vertical speed and start a descent at about 700 feet per minute. Once the aircraft is stable at 700 FPM, then press the APP button to switch to GS tracking. I have found this works almost every time to avoid a sudden dive. It is not the most realistic way to start an ILS descent, but it seems to avoid the intermittent dive that occasionally happens.

I can assure you that the developers and testers at Aerosoft are as anxious to find a permanent fix for this problem as the customers. For a variety of reasons, it is difficult to troubleshoot exactly what is causing it - especially because it does not happen every time, but work is ongoing to find a permanent and reliable solution.

YES!!! First successful ILS-landing done with tip from a real CRJ-pilot :)

He recommended to fly level-flight and maintain an airspeed around 170 and flaps 20 and when i then catched the glideslope it went smoothly down to the runway. No step dive etc.

But you really need to manage that speed otherwise it can begin to descent fast

Hello, for me until now the CRJ is unflyiable, everytime I reach the glidesploe altidude the plane start to descent rapidly and even if I disengage the autopilt nothing happen the plane crash. I follow all the speed, but everytime at 3000ft it doesn't keep the altitude and continue the descent before intercepting the glideslope. It's very frustating. What I'm doing wrong?

On 3/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, Andreas Holmberg said:

No i keep a speed around 210-200 when beginning the GS but the plane drops directly after

Try to intercept the GS at 180 kts, i never have this issue.

When the aircraft descents on the GS manage the speed well, reduce it with 10-20 kts at a time setting further flaps and gear at every stage, the CRJ needs a lot of power on the GS with full flaps and gear down (around 65%)

8 hours ago, Andreas Holmberg said:

YES!!! First successful ILS-landing done with tip from a real CRJ-pilot :)

He recommended to fly level-flight and maintain an airspeed around 170 and flaps 20 and when i then catched the glideslope it went smoothly down to the runway. No step dive etc.

But you really need to manage that speed otherwise it can begin to descent fast

Hey all - I am struggling with ILS as well -- WHEN do I need to switch the NAV SOURCE to LOC vs FMS? Before I am supposed to intercept the GS? Is there a specific time when I should be switching that from FMS to LOC?

Reduce your speed (170-180 kts) and have flaps 2 before intercepting the ILS. Be aware the nose doesn't has a too much pitch up attitude (so have 170 -180 kts and flaps2).

The less speed you have the less nosedive on intercept you will get.

I switch NAV SOURCE on the last leg to the ILS (5 NM from intercept) and prefer to not intercept the GS before turning on to the localiser.

Try to have an intercept angle of about 45 degrees to the Localiser course.

The CRJ is the first and only aircraft in MSFS that is intercepting the localiser in the right way (others are changing their heading immediately after selecting APP or ILS, not the CRJ....it stays on HDG until intercepting Localiser, wich is great!)

Regards,

Ben

• Herman locked this topic

Archived