ILS

henningv

Hey when i go to the approach  mode the aircraft dont follow the diamond down, i have the correct CRS and ILS frequencies EX CRS 260 and ILS frequencies 110.70 the aircraft follow the route but not follow the diamond down, what have i do wrong ???

I had no trouble catching the GS on quite a few landings, but then when I started my tour of US State Capitals, I experienced exactly the same issues as described in the OP.

From that, it would appear that it might be something to do with the destination airfield and/or the associated navdata.

There don't appear to be many on here, but there are others reporting issues on the MSFS forums and it'd be interesting to see whether there might be something in common with all of the peeps that are having this issue.

BTW, my latest flight was KPVD to KBDL, with ILS R24 being the runway of choice for the arrival at KBDL.  It is a very short flight, so shouldn't be too tough for someone to reproduce. 

i just have a flight from EKBI/BILLUND DENMAR  to ENAL/ÅLESUND Norway just before the last turn left for final to RW24 i press approach button, BINKO the aircraft follow the diamond down to 1000ft and i kill AP 

• 3 weeks later...

Revisiting this subject:

I very much like flying the CRJ - crossed Europe in it on something like 20 flights, each roughly 1h long. Unfortunately, the ILS is still a hit and miss thing. On one landing, it works flawlessly, on the next it does not (usually it fails to capture the GS).

I did some tests today at Nis (LYNI), which has an ILS approach for RW29. I came from LYTV and followed the approach procedure to the best of my ability. LOC was captured and followed, but GS was never captured (even though it was indicated in Green on the PFD). I had to disengage the AP, dive for the GS, activate airbrakes (because speed had gone up with the steep descend) and landed manually.

On the ground I switched planes: I fired up the TBM930 and did a traffic pattern with ILS approach to RW290. The AP captured both LOC and GS without any problem and followed the ILS down to DH. The LOC at Nis has a 5 deg. offset, so I had to hand fly a slight right hand turn and landed safely.

After that I switched planes once more and tried the CRJ again. Sure enough: it  captured the LOC and followed it. Once the green GS diamond passed center on the PDF, I got a solid green „GS“ on the annunciator panel and the CRJ started to descend at 600 fpm. But after a a few moments the plane leveled off, and the green diamond started to go below center. I switched APP mode on the AP off and on again. The plane briefly started to descended again, but after a second leveled off again. For the second time today I had to disconnect AP and land manually.

Data on final:

- Nav 1 and Nav 2 tuned to  ILS frequency, ILS course set 

- Nav Source set to LOC

- AP in APP mode, LOC and GS solid green in AP annunciator

- Speed: 140 knots

- Full flaps, landing gear extracted

My questions: At what descend rate does the GS capture disconnect? Maybe this is the problem: if vertical speed goes above a certain threshold, the system decides that it is outside safe limits and disengages? Or is something wrong with my landing configuration?

Yes, I'm still having issues as well. Same as you but in to KSFO. LOC/GS captured then never followed the rest of the descent. A/P disengage and manually landed. I enjoy "flying" the needles but it is a little frustrating that I cannot take it to minimums without taking control.

Hopefully it is "fixed" soon, because I am enjoying the heck out of this aircraft. :)

Hello everybody! Ditto. I am having the same ILS reliability issues as mentioned in this forum. Has Aerosoft indicated that they are working on a "fix" for these ILS (GS) issues? I've been searching in the forums and have not seen anything to this regard. I really enjoy flying the CRJ from Cold & Dark to Descent, but always the approach/landing is a hit or miss when trying to engage the APPR for GS. The LOC seems to work well, but I've tried several things as recommended by some YouTube tutorials (i.e., cycling to NAV/APPR and disengaging the AP and reengaging it, capture the GS while descending, etc.) but always to an uncertain outcome (worse than having a wife that cannot be trusted..HaHa). Always having to disengage the AP, then struggling to stabilize the approach/speed after the nose dive, to then horrible or not-too horrible landings. It is always a hit or miss; which takes away the enjoyment of the flight. Then I return to my beloved FBW A320NX, where even the "Experimental" version is more reliable. Hopefully this is addressed soon, because this aircraft has lots of potential.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone downloaded the latest update yet?  And if so, has it corrected the GS issue? While I enjoy manually flying the needles, I'd like for a proper GS capture sometimes. ;)

I have not tried it yet, but it seems it was fixed:

Here's the list of changes:
- Changed ETA calculation to base on current UTC time instead of ATD
- Fixed NAV frequencies on MCDU Radio Page showing 0.0 after LOC tuned
- Fixed Coupled VNAV not initiating descent
- Limited range for PFD slip indicator
- Limited range for PFD flight director
- ETA calculation on MFD DATA FPLN Progress page
- ETA calculation on MCDU PERF INIT page 3/3
- Improvements to GPWS mode 3 (altitude loss after takeoff)
- Improvements to GPWS mode 5 (below glideslope)
- Flaps/Slats EICAS animation corrected
- Flaps/Slats exterior model animation corrected
- Added custom glide path calculation
- Adapted GS Hold to custom GS

- Fixed wrong lbs-kg conversion in EFB ZFW input
- Removed duplicate PA "Remain Seated" after landing
- Added "Low cost carrier" mode for PA and FD announcements (no drinks, no coffee, no sandwiches)
- Increased volume for Gear Up/Down sounds inside the cockpit
- VNAV improvements. Better handling of intermediate level offs
- Fixed EFB ZFW input
- Fixed transparency issue with CRJ-550/700 LOD1 models
- Added functions to allow 180+ degree turns into a given direction
- Added reduced bank angle to MSFS version
- Fixed CF Leg drawing for right turns (Test case: EGHH/26 - EGHH/ILS26/BIA)
- Verified CF Leg drawing for left turns (Test case: EGHI/20 - EGHI/20/EAS)
- Last direct waypoint now disappears from DIR INTC page after the aircraft passed it.
- Fixed route zig zagging
- Fixed bearing pointers
- Fixed missing SID-Enroute transitions at end of list
- Fixed wrong heading calculation if both longitudes on a track are equal
- Added support for hardware flaps axis
- Added support for hardware spoiler axis
- Fixed ALT mode switching to ALTS CAP instead of PITCH
- Added icao_xxx entries to aircraft.cfg
- Updated CRJ-550 model
- Custom Glideslope Hold
- Landing and takeoff behavior improvements in flight model
- Fixed arc and radius to fix drawing routines
- New throttle control mechanics via Simconnect
- Improved ground and flight spoiler effects
- Cruise performance fine tuned to new atmospheric model
- Take off rotation improved by modified slats/flaps behaviour and new V-Stabilizer calculation
- Improved flight spoiler to meet real world descent rates
- Improved ground spoiler effect for correct lift dumping effect at touch down
- Over all stability in flight improved to feel less wind and turbulence effects
- All flaps stages matching operating handbook reference data and are based on new flaps model
- Correct CoG empty display in modified UI
- UI Load stations with max value reference data
- Fixed (INTC) to Arc leg sequencing (GCFV/01 LORP4Q SID)
- Added arrow in flightplan display for arc legs (RF/AF) with the overfly flag set

Please note that the readme file mentions v1.0.2.0. We pushed that number to 1.0.3.0 later to align it with the version number used on Microsoft's marketplace.

Archived