No PFD/MFD Display Rendering button in EFB

DGH

Hi

On page 1-1-127 of the manual its says you can switch of the Co-Pilot rendering. I do not have those options / buttons in my EFB

Like to switch Co-pilot of for some extra frames but not edit CFG files in doing that.

Please advise

Hi 

See picture attached .. the options are not there for me ... i mis the VC 2D thing also by the way

Please login to display this image.

vor 1 hour , DGH sagte:

See picture attached .. the options are not there for me

Ha...point taken...sorry mate I mixed up P3D and MSFS! If I remember correctly the P3D option is there due to performace improvements. In MSFS there is no performace hit due to those so the option didn't make sense.

1 hour ago, DGH said:

Well ... i rather have the option to switch the 2nd off ... saves editing manual also 😜

The way that displays are rendered in MSFS is completely different than in P3D/FSX, so I don’t know if it is even possible, or if there would be any performance gain by doing so in any case.

Well it would be a nice option to add I think. Its a bit FPS heavy and I start seeing post on editing Cfg files to switch the co-pilot displays off to safe FPS.

love the product so far keep up the good work 👍

4 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

The way that displays are rendered in MSFS is completely different than in P3D/FSX, so I don’t know if it is even possible, or if there would be any performance gain by doing so in any case.

I've disabled the co-pilot displays in panel.cfg and there's a definite reduction in stutters on my machine. I gained about 5 fps on average - quite a bit if you start with 20.

Appreciate on higher-end machines it probably doesn't make much of a difference, but I think people like me with lower specs who can't quite upgrade just yet will appreciate having the option.

1 hour ago, GeorgLeBoui said:

I've disabled the co-pilot displays in panel.cfg and there's a definite reduction in stutters on my machine. I gained about 5 fps on average - quite a bit if you start with 20.

Appreciate on higher-end machines it probably doesn't make much of a difference, but I think people like me with lower specs who can't quite upgrade just yet will appreciate having the option.

Can you please explain how you disable the co-pilot displays in the panel.cfg file?

8 hours ago, GeorgLeBoui said:

I followed the directions here:

Wow that worked excellent.  5 FPS gain on my system with all the things powered up.  About a 16% gain for me at 3440x1440.  I might leave it like this at least until Asobo fixes the known FPS problems and we see where the CRJ really sits.

Since editing the cfg files can save a few frames on some lower end systems .... i would like the button to switch of co-pilot in the EFB to be added in MSFS also 

also it would be nice if a “static instrument picture could be displayed when the button is on ( co pilot switched of ) . This to prevent some black screens showing and a “fake” static display showing.

really hope this can be done ... not sure of there is an “idea box” or something where these requests  can be posted.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived