8.33kHz Spacing Radio Tuning

kolman

Hello,

I'm having a hard time tuning frequencies with the MSFS version of the CRJ.

The RADIO TUNING UNIT (RTU) seems to accept frequencies with 8.33kHz spacing most of the time.

However I was unable to tune Munich tower on 120.505, the RTU jumps from 120.500 to 120.510.

On the FMS Radio Tuning page only 25kHz seems to be possible. Besides that there is one digit missing compared to the P3Dv5 version (120.75 vs 120.750)

I don't know if this is intentionally. Thanks for your help!

Regards

Gerhard

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hmm... when I started programming, there wasn't any 8.33 kHz support in MSFS. Apparently it was added to the simulator at some point along the way without me noticing.

I'll look into it and add the additional digit as well.

Same problem for me. Its not possible, to set a frequenzy, like sou said, for example 121.105.

The frequenzy jump at the RTU knob is the same.

Tuning for the VOR`s is working correctly.

Just to add another example, even your home airports (EDLP) ATIS, 125.730, can not be tuned by the FMS or the Backup Tuning Unit, only can be done by the RTU which actually has two 125.730 settings, ignoring or not showing 125.735

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. As it automatically goes back to another (previous?) frequency, this makes it impossible to fly on Vatsim. Once a frequency not in the 25 kHz intervals, it is impossible to tune to that frequency.  Is there any way to disable the radios in the CRJ, or at least break the connection to vpilot so that it actually is possible to fly a whole flight online?

1 hour ago, coldhaulfield said:

Same here. As it automatically goes back to another (previous?) frequency, this makes it impossible to fly on Vatsim. Once a frequency not in the 25 kHz intervals, it is impossible to tune to that frequency.  Is there any way to disable the radios in the CRJ, or at least break the connection to vpilot so that it actually is possible to fly a whole flight online?

I fly exclusively on VATSIM.  If a controller is tuned to, just making up a number here...125.725 and you cannot do that, they will be able to hear and talk to you on 125.720 in your airplane.  I flew the CRJ across europe into SE Asia up to Eastern Russa, through Alaska and now in the Midwest of the US.  Not one have I been unable to communicate with VATSIM controllers based on frequency spacing.

I found the solution.

Push your 1/2 button to go to COM2.

Set to VHF2

i think there is a bug with COM1.

This helps for me

Happy flying on vatsim again

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have been testing a bit more. Some frequencies are allowed for a while on COM1, but reverts back to default/previous frequency after a little while. Other (legal) frequencies are just denied. This is if modified in Vpilot. When I attempt to edit the frequency by any of the available inputs on the pedestal, the frequency keeps on reverting to the frequency the A/C was loaded with. COM2 works.

Don't know if this is the same issue as above, or should have a separate issue.

Archived