Aircraft randomly goes to Cold and Dark state

!This is NOT the errant mouse click on the EFB bug!

I've had this happen MANY times now where the aircraft is full up and running and all the systems turn off (all displays off) but engines stay running.

The last 2 times this happened I was entering data on the FMS, so my mouse pointer was nowhere near the EFB, so I did not just randomly click a different aircraft state.

• Developer

As for many other things in this forum, my first guess would be some control binding then. As nice as these pre-defined control settings are, they cause a lot of trouble too...

4 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

As for many other things in this forum, my first guess would be some control binding then. As nice as these pre-defined control settings are, they cause a lot of trouble too...

Which bindings? I'm not using any binds in MSFS, only LVARs in spad.next when I was watching the displays come and go there was no power switch coming out of my hardware sending a variable, spad.next has a feature where it switched to highlights the last pressed switch/knob.

I had the same thing happen to me 2 times tonight. I have 3 monitors so I'm not sure if this is the same issue Anthony is having but with a multi-monitor setup, when you click on another screen in order to make your mouse pointer active in MSFS, while in full-screen mode, you have to first click on the screen you're using MSFS for. Once you do you can click buttons in the aircraft as normal but the click spot is not always where your mouse pointer is, SO, if you have the Aircraft page open on the EFB and click back into MSFS, you might find yourself accidentally clicking one of the options on the EFB. COLD&DARK, TURNAROUND etc. So, just be careful where you click if you choose to leave the Aircraft page open on the EFB. I learned my lesson twice tonight on that one and only go to this page when I absolutely need to otherwise I might find myself accidentally hitting that COLD&DARK button even if my mouse pointer is nowhere near the EFB. Hope this helps. 

vor 6 Stunden , Dracollin sagte:

I had the same thing happen to me 2 times tonight. I have 3 monitors so I'm not sure if this is the same issue Anthony is having but with a multi-monitor setup, when you click on another screen in order to make your mouse pointer active in MSFS, while in full-screen mode, you have to first click on the screen you're using MSFS for. Once you do you can click buttons in the aircraft as normal but the click spot is not always where your mouse pointer is, SO, if you have the Aircraft page open on the EFB and click back into MSFS, you might find yourself accidentally clicking one of the options on the EFB. COLD&DARK, TURNAROUND etc. So, just be careful where you click if you choose to leave the Aircraft page open on the EFB. I learned my lesson twice tonight on that one and only go to this page when I absolutely need to otherwise I might find myself accidentally hitting that COLD&DARK button even if my mouse pointer is nowhere near the EFB. Hope this helps. 

Had this also a couple of times. Would be good if there was a confirmation dialog for the plane's states. 

Hans, Is this the Dark cockpit issue thread where even the EFB cannot be turned on? If its not, I apologize. Please direct me to the right one. I'd like to keep an eye on this topic.

The only hardware I have connected to my new PC  which I built for the MSFS is an old Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick. Nothing else. My home cockpit is on another PC running P3D which has like 30 or so h/w. Not this one.

This is  a virgin setup.

Manny

Archived