CRJ 700 chases the Nav needle

While flying the flight plan the CRJ seems to be chasing the nav needle and consistently banking from left to right while it chases. 

Seems to be slightly over shooting the nav needle and trying to catch up. 

Anyone else having this issue?

vor 3 Stunden , Vipor51 sagte:

While flying the flight plan the CRJ seems to be chasing the nav needle and consistently banking from left to right while it chases. 

Yes, saw it yesterday, STAR TERS2Z  into Madrid LEMD.....

Oliver

Any plans to implement logic to overcome this issue, or is the plan to wait for Asobo to fix it? This is (in my opinion) one of the worst problems to affect this aircraft (I guess that says how good it is lol).

As well it doesn't follow a ils plan at all either 50 bucks for a plane and everything is optional yet works on other makers that make it work every topic closed after some one has a issue with something or told its the game or go buy this to make it work 50 bucks it all should work right not pleased for a 52 dollar purchase when its all optional or dont work but flybywire dont have a issue and its free go figure but this is just my opnion

3 minutes ago, Pride said:

As well it doesn't follow a ils plan at all either 50 bucks for a plane and everything is optional yet works on other makers that make it work every topic closed after some one has a issue with something or told its the game or go buy this to make it work 50 bucks it all should work right not pleased for a 52 dollar purchase when its all optional or dont work but flybywire dont have a issue and its free go figure but this is just my opnion

Aside from the one known ILS glideslope issue it works perfectly fine for me.

18 hours ago, Vipor51 said:

I hate to ask, but had you turned the Yaw Dampers on?

vor 26 Minuten, Caterpillar sagte:

I hate to ask, but had you turned the Yaw Dampers on?

I have the same issue, not always but often. If the Aircraft overshot the flight path on cruise with 290 kts. it begins to swing left and right uuntil it gets on path again. Sometimes up to 10-15 times. Flight system are all set right, of course yaw dampers on. With the CRJ by Aerosoft, I expected a FULLY independent Aircraft. Only using the aerodynamics, but it seems, it is also using the default Autopilot, the default load and balance. etc. It should be decoupled completly from the crappy MSFS default systems. The way XP aircrafts are.

9 minutes ago, Carsten12 said:

of course yaw dampers on

Oh, you'll have to forgive me for not knowing that, given this is the first time you have posted in this thread.

If it's a bug then fair enough, but the behaviour described by the OP, of whom i asked the question, is the sort of behaviour that yaw dampers are designed to prevent, so it was a question worth asking.  

vor 30 Minuten, Caterpillar sagte:

Oh, you'll have to forgive me for not knowing that, given this is the first time you have posted in this thread.

If it's a bug then fair enough, but the behaviour described by the OP, of whom i asked the question, is the sort of behaviour that yaw dampers are designed to prevent, so it was a question worth asking.  

You dont need to. I was just reporting the same issue. :) So dont worry. But it bothers me, that a custom Aircraft is using default systems. At least it seems/feels. May somebody corrects me if I am wrong. Everything in a custom Airplane should be custom.

20 hours ago, Vipor51 said:

I had this issue today flying from KMIA--> KEYW turning onto the V3 airway. Turned very sharp despite having bank limit engaged and then chased the NAV line until I just went direct to the next WP, then it straightened out 

Had the same problem flying Hachijō-jima to Narita. Would bank off to the left and then come back. Yaw dampers on. This didn't happen on my previous flights.

I know it's not as simple as 'hey can you build a custom autopilot?' but what plans do you have to fix these issues? Its a wonderful aircraft that I am enjoy flying but the autopilot is really letting it down. Not sure if Asobo have plans to overhaul on their end. If not I guess we will see developers build their own like FBW but it can't be a quick fix I guess. 

• 1 month later...

Same issue here! Cannot get it to follow the CDI in FMS1. I've tried with yaw dampers on and off, 1/2 and full bank. I've tried re-cycling the flight plan, implementing a direct, trying to re-capture from heading mode, and nothing. It's banking back and forth to capture what should be an easy nav path to follow. It'll even follow the track for a while and then randomly turn one way or another and re-start the process.

Any plans to look into this in a future update? The plane looks great, but it's clearly an issue that a lot of users are experiencing, and is an incredibly annoying issue to have to deal with. Pretty pathetic bug for a $50+ addon

On 3/21/2021 at 8:54 AM, TRYstang said:

I know it's not as simple as 'hey can you build a custom autopilot?' but what plans do you have to fix these issues? Its a wonderful aircraft that I am enjoy flying but the autopilot is really letting it down. Not sure if Asobo have plans to overhaul on their end. If not I guess we will see developers build their own like FBW but it can't be a quick fix I guess. 

22 hours ago, DMacAir1 said:

Same issue here! Cannot get it to follow the CDI in FMS1. I've tried with yaw dampers on and off, 1/2 and full bank. I've tried re-cycling the flight plan, implementing a direct, trying to re-capture from heading mode, and nothing. It's banking back and forth to capture what should be an easy nav path to follow. It'll even follow the track for a while and then randomly turn one way or another and re-start the process.

Any plans to look into this in a future update? The plane looks great, but it's clearly an issue that a lot of users are experiencing, and is an incredibly annoying issue to have to deal with. Pretty pathetic bug for a $50+ addon

According to the devs it affects "some users". Last time that language was used was for Cyberpunk 2077. Substantial usability Issues wouldn't even be that disappointing if the devs weren't as dismissive if not downright combative towards user reports. A "we hear you and we're looking at it" would go a long way. Meanwhile, FBW for the A3xx and Working Title for the CJ4 have accomplished custom systems overlaid on the sim at no charge, to the point that Asobo has hired Working Title under a newly formed LLC.

If nothing else the upcoming updates will hopefully and finally address lnav and throttle issues. Giving the benefit of the doubt for now :)  

• Aerosoft

The CRJ is the only aircraft using WASM only you have your system, that creates different circumstances and different options and different problems. A comparison to other aircraft is from a technical point of view  of little use.

As we said, the issue has been looked at, is being looked at still. The simply fact however is that while it seems to happen a lot to some users (we have a list of 32 people who reported it), we find it extremely hard to recreate on our systems. Doing exactly what users say is sure to replicate the issue simply does not do so on our systems. We have also analysed dozens of videos to see if it shows the reported issue, we have even spend hours looking at IVAO flights. 

Yesterday evening I flew for 2,5 hours trying to see if I could see the issue on my system. While I did see some slight hesitation very close to beacons (something the real CRJ also does btw), it simply did not chase the needle. My system ONLY had the CRJ installed for this test.

The simple fact is that while we have one idea (on courses more or less straight nord with crosswind), it remains extremely elusive. It is by now almost certain there is a  local aspect, something on the system that makes it different from ours. This is more or less confirmed by two users who had the issue and did a full new install of Windows on the same hardware and did not have the issue afterwards.  But what that could be? We simply do not know. 

The pending update has changes in these regards and as a side effect affect this issue, we simply do not know.

43 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The CRJ is the only aircraft using WASM only you have your system, that creates different circumstances and different options and different problems. A comparison to other aircraft is from a technical point of view  of little use.

As we said, the issue has been looked at, is being looked at still. The simply fact however is that while it seems to happen a lot to some users (we have a list of 32 people who reported it), we find it extremely hard to recreate on our systems. Doing exactly what users say is sure to replicate the issue simply does not do so on our systems. We have also analysed dozens of videos to see if it shows the reported issue, we have even spend hours looking at IVAO flights. 

Yesterday evening I flew for 2,5 hours trying to see if I could see the issue on my system. While I did see some slight hesitation very close to beacons (something the real CRJ also does btw), it simply did not chase the needle. My system ONLY had the CRJ installed for this test.

The simple fact is that while we have one idea (on courses more or less straight nord with crosswind), it remains extremely elusive. It is by now almost certain there is a  local aspect, something on the system that makes it different from ours. This is more or less confirmed by two users who had the issue and did a full new install of Windows on the same hardware and did not have the issue afterwards.  But what that could be? We simply do not know. 

The pending update has changes in these regards and as a side effect affect this issue, we simply do not know.

Based on this, I am getting a sinking feeling that I may have to give up on this pretty little CRJ (my first payware aircraft for MSFS). You don't seem too confident that there is an answer to this issue.

It is a truly beautiful aircraft and it is a pleasure to hand-fly, but we are not talking about system failures or bells and whistles that a pilot will never see or use in his entire career.

ILS and LNAV are basic functions of any modern commercial aircraft's autopilot and right now, the CRJ does not even come close to getting it right (for some users that is, but I am sure there are more than 32 of us with the problem). 

• Aerosoft
59 minutes ago, Barnes said:

, but I am sure there are more than 32 of us with the problem). 

That could be, but keep in mind we are talking many tens of thousands of users. 

Again, we have not given up, but until we can replicate it fully, it will remain a hard issue to work at.  Lets see what the new update brings. The reports on the ILS seem to suggest that is now fully fixed for all users. 

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That could be, but keep in mind we are talking many tens of thousands of users. 

Again, we have not given up, but until we can replicate it fully, it will remain a hard issue to work at.  Lets see what the new update brings. The reports on the ILS seem to suggest that is now fully fixed for all users. 

Okay thanks Mathijs. Crossing my fingers.

Archived