Cockpit and External Model Freezing

quasiguru

Hello below is the errors I got when I take off from any airport with no flight plan, just add a destination, and try to add an arrival. Earlier I took off from KGYY with no flight plan in the FMS, I got up in the air, and went to FPLN added a destination of KGYY clicked exec, went to dep arr, arr, then ILS30 for KGYY... The second I clicked ILS 30, the cockpit froze up and the external model did as well.. It was still flyable, but the flaps would not model, even though you could tell they were deploying and the speed brakes would not model, even though you could tell they deployed. I understand that their is a lot of separation with the model and FS2020, hoping this can be patched quickly.... 

ASCRJ_DEBUG: Exception: 3/1/230492
ASCRJ_DEBUG: Exception: 3/1/236851
WASM: Exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module C:\Users\gnkid\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700\panel\ASCRJ_700.wasm

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have you tried this?

Hey Mathijs, so this has happened to me multiple times, and my traffic variety has always been set to ultra. Also I leave Multiplayer and AI traffic off, as I do tend to fly on the VatSim network. I have yet, to turn on AI traffic, or multiplayer traffic for this aircraft. I can tell you, that so far, my experience has been lackluster, as I do not trust flying this aircraft on the VatSim network, when doing something as simple as adding a destination only in the FPLN and then trying to add an arrival causes the Aerosoft CRJ model to completely break... It is not my Simulator crashing, it is the CRJ's code that is crashing somewhere... Specifically to do with the FMS, this consistently happens no what what airport code is used, does not matter if you are in the air or on the ground. I went ahead and decided to enable multiplayer, as this post suggests, same exact behavior is noted. You can see that my FPS is hovering around 30 FPS, however once the aircraft crashes, my fps shoots up to 52 fps, as the cockpit and external flight model have both frozen.

To replicate this issue:

1. Load the sim

2. Load up at any airport 

3. Put the aircraft in any state with power

4. go to the FMS

5. Click FPLN

6. enter only a destination

7. Click EXEC 

8. Click DEP/ARR

9. Click ARR

10. Click any arrival

11. The aircraft will immediately crash, via the same WASM error...

Please login to display this image.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This issue is being looked at. Adding a destination in flight indeed causes issues. As this is not really standard it was never tested.

Thanks Mathijs for the update :)

On 3/22/2021 at 7:43 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

This issue is being looked at. Adding a destination in flight indeed causes issues. As this is not really standard it was never tested.

This also happens on the ground as well, not just in Flight, fyi. 

On 3/22/2021 at 8:00 AM, Jimlan said:

This issue does also happen for me. Is there any way we can avoid it?

I believe Mathijs said they are looking into it, which means it will probably be addressed by an update. So to avoid it, follow only aircraft flow for now, until the coding can be fixed.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have the latest version. CRJ bought from the Aereosoft store. Re-downloaded and reinstalled after the last update. Nevertheless, from time to time (very rarely) the cockpit freezes.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Adam Mar said:

Yes, I have the latest version. CRJ bought from the Aereosoft store. Re-downloaded and reinstalled after the last update. Nevertheless, from time to time (very rarely) the cockpit freezes.

Did you read this?

Mathijs, I know that. That's why I'm not complaining  🙂 and I am waiting warmly for all the bugs to be fixed. As they say ... Great things are born in pain 😉  And the CRJ can fly perfectly even if there is an error sometimes. It is a great plane 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have been monitoring the forum for 2 months looking for CTD clues.  I followed directions by:

1. Deleting all of the files starting with "m" per instructions.  I do this before starting the Sim on my Desktop.

2. Start the Sim

3. Entering the flight plan into the Sim, then hit FLY.

4. I then wait for 15 to 20 minutes before hitting FLY to go flying.

Following this procedure, I have completed 5 flights in a row without a problem until today.

Today, 70 minutes into the flight at crusing altitude and clear skies, the Model froze at Altitude and Location, HOWEVER, all other switches including Throttle worked.  If I reduce thrust, the airspeed falls off, then push the throttles back up and the airspeed increases.  The only problem I can see is the Freeze at Altitude and Location., Even turning the Autopilot off has no affect, aircraft will not deviated from the cruise altitude or location.  I then tried to manually fly the plane by making a couple quick maneuvers, while the aircraft remained frozen, the program crashed stating I had over stressed the aircraft.

Any ideas other than keep trying??

Thank you!!! Love the CRJ if only the bugs can be worked out.

Jim

Archived