More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

Show it to us Dag!

James; at work now, no FSX I'm afraid. Wonder where Vin is?? Probably at the beach taking pix of birds or something......

:lol: Yep, you're right Dag. And yesterday not at the beach but at Spangdahlem openhouse taking pics of some different birds.

If you guys did some browsing yourself through this topic and the forum you would have found some pics of the Thunderbird. The have been posted before, even at the beginning of this topic by Dag:

2008-2-17_7-14-40-981.jpg

And a few more of the Thunderbird repaint...

Looking beautiful. I know Computer Pilot has been running some articles for the pasts months on simmers that are into formation flying. This looks like it will be better than anything available up to now for this kind of flying. I have never seen a fighter sim that is as visually accurate. This just looks like your looking at pictures of the real thing.

Bob

WOW. That USAF Thunderbird paint scheme is amazing! The most brilliant paint scheme I've ever seen for FS. And the most realistic I've ever seen compared to the original. Release this aircraft already! :P

look at the silver nozzle, it is so beautiful!!

thunderbird is the first air demonstration team I'v known in my childhoop

Thanks!!!

Hardly to wait to fly it with my HotasCougar

WOW, I see that also you have the SHD cluods; with man like you my screenshot's carrer it's over. :huh:

And I have an Italian one for you soon. This one is in the Pacer GEM anti IR paint, used by many nations now. The Italians seem to get a horrible silver'ish finish with use. This one will be more weathered when done. I go on vacation for 10 days or so and will finish it after that.

AMI_7251_01.jpg

Best

Thanks DAG, it's not horrible for me. Unfortunely there are not so many italian fighter for FSX, this one is very good: it's Aerosoft and it's your paint :D

After this screenshots Italian simmers are in heaven :lol: More weathered is better because Vipers are near the sea and, as you know, the sea it's not a friend of clear plane.

Good holidays!

Hey Everybody,

seen recent news here about other aircraft with a HUD effect that is done, well, we have that HUD effect to, wasn't placed in the last beta will be in the final and RC of this product. I am sure the major Fighter fans will be very happy, was going keep it secret but couldn't since others have revealed they got it to.

here are 2 screenies showing it, we are doing a video and should have tomorrow from Vin.

-Tim

post-191-1217304893_thumb.jpg

post-191-1217304904_thumb.jpg

Wow! That is just the little extra detail I felt was missing in FSX. A "real" HUD. Great job...!

You're all very welcome at the Italian Simmers. I wish we had an ADF for one of the Portuguese and the Italian :rolleyes:

Best

Dag , Nick : Those latest shots ROCK

The closer Aerosoft gets to releasing this add-on the harder it gets

to hold onto my sanity ,,, Great shots guys Keep em coming

Randy

Thank you Guys (Tim, Vin, Dag, & Nick) for accommadating my simple request earlier for screenshots - That should keep all the youngersters (including me) happy till you guys are ready for release. ;)

BTW - Great Pics :)

PS: Nick which Cloud Theme from FEX/SHD are you using in this screenshot?

aero_f16_00_35.jpg

I'm Italian too. Vigilius has told us that you were making an italian livery so I registered in this forum in order to say...

THANK YOU DAG!!! :D :D :D

Very nice screenshot!

And last but not least: as Vigilius said, more weathered is better! :D

Bye, Carlo.

• Aerosoft
I was wondering, does this jet actually simulate the cool visual effects of breaking the sound barrier?

As far as I know there is nothing to see if an aircraft brakes the sound barrier. I know about those amazing images on the internet, but part of them are faked and others show vapor effects that only are seen under very strict conditions and even then only on a photo.

• Aerosoft
Hey Everybody,

seen recent news here about other aircraft with a HUD effect that is done, well, we have that HUD effect to, wasn't placed in the last beta will be in the final and RC of this product. I am sure the major Fighter fans will be very happy, was going keep it secret but couldn't since others have revealed they got it to.

here are 2 screenies showing it, we are doing a video and should have tomorrow from Vin.

-Tim

As Tim shows, the product is tuned for users of the head mounted view trackers.

Showing the HUD...

http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/f16/HUD.wmv

A full circuit...

http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/f16/HUD2.wmv

Please note that the Indicator lights left and right of the HUD are not correct in these video's, they still need a few tweaks on the code.

What scenery is that? It looks like a military base or something.

Looks like the Edwards AFB Scenery that comes with Acceleration.

BTW: nice Videos, i like the engine-sound.

• Aerosoft
nice video!!! thanks for this!!! but is there a flap sound?! or was this a landing without flaps?! ;)

The autoflap system is a bit buggy so it could be the flaps were not fully used. And in the F-16, with your helmet on, you got to listen careful to hear the LEF and TEF move. But there is a flap sound in the sound set for sure.

As Tim shows, the product is tuned for users of the head mounted view trackers.

Showing the HUD...

http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/f16/HUD.wmv

A full circuit...

http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/f16/HUD2.wmv

Please note that the Indicator lights left and right of the HUD are not correct in these video's, they still need a few tweaks on the code.

Thank you for this glimpse into this inner workings of the Aerosoft Team's F-16. I must say that I am very pleased with the look and behavior of what has been completed up to this point and, more especially, in the authenticity of the HUD and the richness of the sound set. As I watched the videos, I began to also wonder if the HOTAS controls in the VC were animated at this time? I couldn't ascertain that information from the video's themselves, as the focus was the HUD; however, I know that you are all still developing and testing things so let me cheer you on - Great Job guys!

Look forward to seeing more of your demos. :)