More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

These were pic's that Shaun posted earlier but were not being previewed by the Forum for some reason...

I just wanted to see them and thought that some of you might feel the same.

2008-2-17_7-23-48-110.jpg

2008-2-17_7-31-40-672.jpg

2008-2-17_7-33-5-971.jpg

2008-2-16_15-47-52-73.jpg

2008-2-16_15-3-0-134.jpg

2008-2-16_15-4-7-964.jpg

2008-2-16_15-4-57-919.jpg

2008-2-16_15-5-24-661.jpg

The textures look so real you can imagine how the buttons, knobs and handles would feel.

I'm not into military fighters too much, but I'll be buying this one when it is released. It looks absolutely amazing.

Bob

Some correction for A-A radar symbology the correct must have the || sympol and not the -ό- in left MFD image below:

Geraki,

Your seeing that in Falcon 4.0 because its RADAR MFD system is complete with the targeting designator symbology. I don't know if Aerosoft will or will not enable that feature in their MFD for a complete simulated RADAR (or like a TCAS or TIS system for AI information gathering) in this FS model. They may have added the Flight Path Marker ( -ό- ) as a substitute to show flight information and not target acquesitioning capabilities. From what I've read in the past, their focus is navigation capabilities and the visuals of the aircrafts system as their main concerns with this release. So, if you are looking for an A-A bird; you and I might have to wait for a while for some SimConnect Weapons Addon features that they stated would be in a later update. It might also include more accurate RADAR Mode capability updates to this model at that time as well. Moreover, these pics were previewed during the early BETA/development and testing of this model, not all gauges were complete or correct at that time. So, maybe the developer can better answer your concerns regarding its current capabilities; I, like yourself, am just a enthusastic customer and have nothing to do with its developement. I only reposted these pics from page 1 because they were not being displayed by the forums on that page.

Thank you for your input in making sure the developer hasn't missed anything. I hope they read and resolve this and all concerns brought to them prior to its release.

Geraki,

as far as I can assess this, the shown radar mode is some sub-form of bore-sight radar with a fixed rectangle-formed radar beam just in front of the f-16s nose... I suppose, used for short-range dogfights, a flight path marker -o- and an artifical horizon is displayed.

greetings

Uwe

vin or dag,

what about some new pics or maybe a video?! :rolleyes:

what do you think is more real....xgraphics or FEX with HD update? because i don't what to buy....which one would you prefer?!

I have an ugly 5° Stormo F-16 in the works, with that awful Pacer Gem low IR paint finish. I can post images of that in the not to distant future. Unfortunately we don't have a legacy F-16A Block 15 ADF but I'll just slam the paint on an AM :lol:

About the addons listed; I don't look at such stuff at all, because I dont have the time to do so. I look at the F-16 from the outside mainly :blink:

Work now is concentrated on finalising 3D stuff and stores configs and there will be a lot of models to choose from. I'm not sure how many Tim will knock out but I bet there will be enough.... ;)

Thanks

Do you have a planned releasedate ready yet? I saw that you have set the release to august now, and I am wondering if I can expect to have the package within august even if I have ordered the boxed version.

• Aerosoft

Some update about a release schedule. Right now the product is in the second to last beta, this will last for two weeks. After that we'll do a two week development cycle again and do the last beta. So that would lead to a release in August.

HOWEVER.... we got a sudden increase in professional products (yes this F-16 will be used in 'real' sims as well) and they always got priority. To be honest, we can ask you to wait, but we can't ask a multinational to wait. So the schedule look good but it's not as fixed as I would prefer.

what do you think is more real....xgraphics or FEX with HD update? because i don't what to buy....which one would you prefer?!

Aprilia,

I had the same issue recently and went on a voyage of discovery. What I decided isn't or shouldn't be important to you as your needs may be different. But, after my decision, I was very glad that I made the right one for me. Here is their internal gallery for their associated products: Flight1's Ground Environment X & Ultimate Terrain X USA/CANADA/EUROPE These show off their skills in making very sound products. I waited and purchased the DVD/Boxed releases and intend to do the same for their FEX/HD update as well because of a commercial weather program they will include upon completion of its development. Here are a few pics, the rest are on their gallery site that I've listed for you. I've already purchased and am currently testing its awesome capabilities.

banner_gex_3.jpg

GEXUSCAN24.jpg

GEXUSCAN3.jpg

GEXUSCAN40.jpg

GEXUSCAN55.jpg

This is what FEX/HD can do as far as spec.'s; I haven't seen Xgraphic show anything above what FSX already is capable of but I'm not aware of what they may be doing behind the scenes. Also, I've added a pic that Vigilius posted which really shows off the F-16 in FEX/HD's skies.

screenshot1.jpg

11tmkus.jpg

Good Luck!

ok thanks james, I've bought FEX and the SHD update is downloading just at the moment, so i'm very excited how the FSX will look like after the installation of these two things. Ultimate Terrain europe is in my opinion a must have, so it was already installed ;)

but whats the different between ground environment und ultimate terrain??

will there be a ground environment for europe?!

but again, thanks for your reply!!!

happy landings

but whats the different between ground environment und ultimate terrain??

will there be a ground environment for europe?!

happy landings

We are a lot OFF TOPIC but... Ultimate terrain X design water, rivers, roads, cities etc.; Ground Environment (there is also an enhanced version) are all textures of the ground.

Yes, GEX Europe is in development now but I don't know when it will be ready.

My question is, who can get me a FREE copy of FEX and any other add-on?

Tim

Well, I don't think anyone is going to give you a free copy unless you can prove you are a reviewer (like I am) and you can give some examples of your previous reviews. And eh...this isn't the correct place to ask that question: this is Aerosoft's forum, not Flight1's (Now I'm thinking about it, do those guys actually have a forum ? I'm not sure about that...).

We're going horribly off-topic...

Are you progressing a bit, Mathijs ? Haven't heard you in this topic for a while, nor in the Cat's....