More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

i have some good questions.first off i need to say very nice work to all who are involved in this major project."aplause"...now lets get to the chase.

i am a proud owner of the real Checklist to the F-16 M4,and i was wondering.are the system any good?can i use cold`n dark proseedures as in the real thing? like i have to walk through the system before i start etc.i hope this thing is a little complicated,and not as simple as the old "excuse my language" crappy LAGO`s F-16.no offence.....

well thats my questions....and if possible.could someone give me a resyme of whats included in this package.

i really hope i dont ask too much since you are quite busy on this but it would be great to know a little of what we could expect

best regards

Christian "Nomax" Ramberg

VRNoAF

338 skvd

*OT* FYI Open House Spangdahlem AFB (ETAD)

Home of

• 23rd Fighter Squadron (23. Kampfstaffel) „Fighting Hawks" (24 F-16CJ/D)
  • 22nd Fighter Squadron „Stingers" (18 F-16CJ/D)
  • 81st Fighter Squadron „Panthers" (18 A/OA-10A)

The 2008 Open House will take place on Saturday, July 26 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. We hope to offer a look at our daily lives; see our aircraft, weapons load demos, bomb/missile displays; examine our Combat Weather equipment, aircrew life support display, dental bus, Security Forces weapons and our Explosive Ordinance Disposal robot. In addition to our aircraft and equipment, we will also offer traditional American food & drinks, live bands and an Elvis Presley impersonator.

*/OT*

Maybe there is again flyovers of A10 and F16 around the airbase.

I hope we see us.

Best regards

Dave

• Aerosoft
I feel a great tickle now. :o

When i got my eyes on this F-16 and heared that`s soon relase, i just had to get a new computer. The old one was no god.

My new spec is:

Asus 750i SLI

Intel Core2Duo E8400 3,00 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX

Vista 64 bit

8GB RAM

2 stk hard disc nr 1 320GB nr2 750GB

BenQ 22 Widescreen

I hope this can run the F-16 ok?

I tryed this one now for a couple of weeks, and its superb so far. Lots of Addons working perfeckt.

Have problems waiting any longer now i feal. :D

Yes that should run it fine.

• Aerosoft
First of al this aircraft looks amazing!!!!!!! Can't wait to buy it!

But i have an important question: I've been flying fs for a while now but i still can't handle FMC and i don't really have the time to learn it... so my question basically is; Is the autopilot easy to use? is it a little bit like standard fsx planes? or do you really need te learn how to work with the FMC?

Regards,

JMB

P.s. couldn't find a release date... has it been brought out yet?

There is no FMC in an F-16 and the Autopilot systems are dead easy, in fact a lot easier then in most default aircraft as there only are altitude & pitch attitude hold and hdg & roll attitude hold modes. Fully realistic btw.

• Aerosoft
i have some good questions.first off i need to say very nice work to all who are involved in this major project."aplause"...now lets get to the chase.

i am a proud owner of the real Checklist to the F-16 M4,and i was wondering.are the system any good?can i use cold`n dark proseedures as in the real thing? like i have to walk through the system before i start etc.i hope this thing is a little complicated,and not as simple as the old "excuse my language" crappy LAGO`s F-16.no offence.....

well thats my questions....and if possible.could someone give me a resyme of whats included in this package.

i really hope i dont ask too much since you are quite busy on this but it would be great to know a little of what we could expect

best regards

Christian "Nomax" Ramberg

VRNoAF

338 skvd

Yes, the standard startup checklist certainly can be used, as long as you keep in mind we do not model any weapon systems.

Yes, the standard startup checklist certainly can be used, as long as you keep in mind we do not model any weapon systems.

If this is the case, does someone have a checklist startup procedure?

• Aerosoft
yes nomax has it, but i will prefer the one which is delivered by aerosoft ;)...this should be working well btw. cold and dark, will there be a cold and dark mode or are engines always running?!

As cold and dark as FSX can be, of course.

this would be very nice if you could do a cold and dark mode!! because in my opinion this would set up the fun factor much higher und much more realistic! thanks mathijs

standard question: any news from the betapilots?! ;)

• Aerosoft
this would be very nice if you could do a cold and dark mode!! because in my opinion this would set up the fun factor much higher und much more realistic! thanks mathijs

standard question: any news from the betapilots?! ;)

Keep in mind, cold and dark could mean a lot. But basically you will be able to start the aircraft from a situation without any power source running or attached.

yes, thats what i was thinking about!!! like you are the pilot and you have just took place in your cockpit. Will the plane always be in cold and dark or is this choosable by a loadmanager?! can you say something about this or is it no clearly sure, until yet?!

ah, the egyptian one. Have our pics we have posted here done a bit help?! ;)

Definetly Aprilia, definetly. I also had a ton of info laying around in old issues of World Airpower Journal.

Best and thanks

To the painters (maybe already mentioned);

On most of the screenshots of the Dutch F-16's the roundels are WRONG.

Clockwise starting at twelve o'clock it's red-white-blue and the orange dot in the middle.

The latest screenshot of the demo F-16 J-055 has the correct roundel.

Greetings from the Netherlands;

Gert

To the painters (maybe already mentioned);

On most of the screenshots of the Dutch F-16's the roundels are WRONG.

Clockwise starting at twelve o'clock it's red-white-blue and the orange dot in the middle.

The latest screenshot of the demo F-16 J-055 has the correct roundel.

Greetings from the Netherlands;

Gert

Yes, I noticed that myself some time back. All is adjusted now and will be correct in the final release.

Nick C, what is the desert scenery the F16 is flying over in the earlier posts ?

Is it a Megascenery area ? Although it almost looks like Saudi Arabi.

It's the updated Edwards scenery from "Things to come".

KickPack: http://in.things-to-come.com/t/299.aspx

Nick,

Thank you for posting this freeware add-on for FSX Acceleration's Edwards AFB. I've recently added it to my setup and it significantly enhances the FSX Acceleration with more scenically realistic textures and other enhancements. Thanks again.

It's the updated Edwards scenery from "Things to come".

KickPack: http://in.things-to-come.com/t/299.aspx

Thanks for the information, I also download this AFB and use it together with Megascenery SoCal, great!

But one problem comes, the two B-52s hide part of their body in buildings, the X-15 or something has only upper part of its body. and the Sr-71 has no support and no building by it and no fens no lamp. I tried to make the addition up to the original first, and then put assition below to original in scenery list. both failed.

I'll ask at that forum and also..maybe..

Do you know what mistake I made?

Thanks alot