More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

Hi,

I was looking for high resolution general shots showing paint schemes on Egyptian F-16As/Cs and not artist impressions (dated ones) of UAE F-16s.

On the chute for the Greek, it's already there, only thing missing is the ASPIS ECM system. Priority is now given to common stuff for all models and not national peculiarities. That will be for a bit later, most likely. This is a huge project, if all aircraft configs were gathered for with differences in ECM systems, specific external stores etc we would have at least 3 models per production block and add to that, multiple stores configs and you will have like a hundred models.

So compromises will need to be made, have no doubt about it.

Rest assured, you'll love the end product :rolleyes:

Best

Yep, pretty decent shots there and thanks to skjellnan as well for the PM. Will see if I do one or not.

Best regards

i could ask a friend, he was on many airshows around the world, maybe he have some shots of the egyptian vipers.... I can tell you soon...which different countries are until yet included in this package?? greece,norway,danmark,USA,Israel,Netherlands...what else??

So you want us to devote time to making a video of the unfinished product or finishing the product? :rolleyes:

Please be patient guys. I'll make new videos when there's a new model showing more stuff than what you've seen before (so with pilot and stuff). For now I've got other priorities, when a new video is done I'll post it here fist. :)

News for the painter of J-055! The last time it flew in public the number (J-055) wasn't silver as it used to be, but orange. I haven't seen your paint in detail, so I don't know if the paint already has this. I just thought it was a good idea to let you know anyway. :P

I know, and I've adjusted it already including orange smokewinders ;)

J-055_demo_klu_orange.jpg

Thought I'd make blog entry no 1:

Y'day I started my third Portuguese paint, the traditinal Esq 201 Falcoes Falcon on the tail, the sharply diving one. General finish is faded, worn with a slight dirt layer with the use of my self made "Crazy Larry's Chocolate Drops" dirt layer, blurred and noised to taste. The one I did last week is more pristine in finish with the newer style falcon on the tail and fin band with triangles. This one also has low-vis PAF national insignia. Stricktly speaking an F-16A-15-ADF but will probably be MLU before too soon. The dirty one I work on now is an MLU already and took part in a NATO excercise at Bodø a few years back.

Yesterday a major model update came over from Tim in the USA with that cool targeting pod and you guessed it, a pilot!!! It all comes together now, still some small glitches here and there but nothing major. The pilot can be from any country you like so go figure out how that's done. We have one helmet type but there will be two different styles of OXY-masks. On the avionics side, there is a thingie in the F-16 called the DED (Data Entry Display) that can do magic for the pilot, give him info on most aspects of flight. It cannot make you a lunchbox or iron your shirt but it's not far from. This has been an integral part of the F-16s main panel since the very beginning and has been kept in it's place through all production blocks. It's integrated with other stuff in the cockpit and is at an advanced stage already, simulating the real deal to a high degree. That's all I'll give you on that. Needless to say, Tim and the Gauge-guy is working flat out to finish this product!

This morning I set about doing a bump map for the Pantera ATP textures and I think I got something. I also darkened the diffuse texture a bit to suit better. It's amazing how many effects you can create on an FS model these days, now we have 3 maps to play with, before we had just one. We can simulate any degree of shine/gloss and also do 3D textures with the help of the bump-maps up to say an inch in depth/height. The airframe of the F-16 reflects this with subtle differences between block/countries. Some airframes are quite old an requires strenghtening here and there, this can be done with bump maps.

Maybe I should do an all bright green one with tons of huge rivets on it, the F-16 Hulk :rolleyes:

Anyway..... tomorrow I will continue this confusing work and the reason I have time now to sit a write this is because I sit at real work with no Photoshop/Corel Photopaint/Imagetool/Wacom Tablet/FSX/F-16 to play with. I sure hope to be able to send over complete texture updates to Tim tomorrow, of the paints I've done so far. But it will be quite some work. Taking into consideration that Vin has done 10 times the amount of paints, I will not complain. Then again, he's half my age or so.......

Till next time, hang in there...

Hi,

I was looking for high resolution general shots showing paint schemes on Egyptian F-16As/Cs and not artist impressions (dated ones) of UAE F-16s.

On the chute for the Greek, it's already there, only thing missing is the ASPIS ECM system. Priority is now given to common stuff for all models and not national peculiarities. That will be for a bit later, most likely. This is a huge project, if all aircraft configs were gathered for with differences in ECM systems, specific external stores etc we would have at least 3 models per production block and add to that, multiple stores configs and you will have like a hundred models.

So compromises will need to be made, have no doubt about it.

Rest assured, you'll love the end product :rolleyes:

Best

Simple paint scheme but could help you:

http://www.voodoo.cz/falcon/new5/f16doman50.jpg

My job in the Air Force is to work on F-16's. I'm a structural maintenance and corrosion maintenance person for almost 200 F-16's at Luke AFB in Phoenix, AZ. Part of my corrosion job is to paint the aircraft in different paint schemes. I've also had a few hours in the F-16 flying so I know quite a bit about the aircraft.

...with that said... This is the most realistic depiction of the Viper I've ever seen. Down to the smallest detail on the outside. It's amazing how close this model comes to the real thing. I'm very impressed so far and can't wait to get my hands on that viper! So, cominng from someone who knows the F-16 inside and out pretty well, you guys have done a great job so far!

If you ever need a test pilot just let me know ;)

picif4.jpg

Ry4nVan,

Thanks a million :rolleyes: I'm just a painter but it really warms to get such kind words. I take special interest in the airframe details as well. I like the subtle variations between types, down to such things as the Falcon STAR structural strenghteners on top of the fuselage and other "doublers" here and there. We try to re-create all the stuff as close as possible and a lot is done with textures these days. When Tim makes such a good 3d model, it deserves a good external appearance and I think we maybe are on the right track. Really..... I should not speak up too much since Vin did most of the paints and variants but anyway..... thanks again. Oh, I get to see these birds in "jurassic" form in the shape of AM/BMs at work, being and airport fire fighter pays off sometimes and I get closer than most.

I managed to submit updated textures today with new gadgets over to the US of A where Tim lives. He is working 8 hrs and sleeping 2 hrs and alternates like that. Needless to say, handling yelling about this and that from me is quite a handful in that state so hang in there Tim :blink: I hope to make some screenies soon if Nick doesn't beat me to it.

Hi

Is it possible to add a smoke system on the rockets of the F16?

It would be very nice if you could fix that.

Picture below shows what i mean.

0629316.jpg

Looking forward to this one.

Keep up the great work so far.

Regards

Just waiting for the next updates Dag, you have the upper hand on textures :D

Look for it Nick, you know where :-)

Hi

Is it possible to add a smoke system on the rockets of the F16?

It would be very nice if you could fix that.

Picture below shows what i mean.

Hi Hotas,

Smokewinders effect is there already.

Best

That's great! :D

The smoke effect in fs2004 was not it supposed to be, I mean the smoke came out in several times, it was not one fluent move.

Is it better in fsx, and is it larger and one fluent move?

Is it a white smoke and could you choose both winders and left and right seperatly?

Could you please post one screenshot with this effect and add information about this effect (frameratekiller or not, different colours, possibilities etc...)?

Thanks a lot!!

Best

speack honestly and personally, the weapon can be shoot or not is not the key for fsx. Indeed, FSX' world is not built specially for air combat. In FSX, I concern the the bueatiful global view, craft performance, beautiful crafts and real procedures. for air combat, I have many other choices which are specially built for combat. So, my personal opinion is Aerosoft guys have done very well!!

this is only my personal thought, a shoot without enemy and aiming will be .....

Looks amazing!

Just a little question... In the begining of the project you mentioned an idea of missions included in the F16 pack... First of all will you do missions with it with the possibility to launch missiles etc..? Will you release it with the pack or in another pack?

Thank you ! Great work though

VIncent