More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

:shock: VERY nice. My video card, processor, and RAM just wet themselves, though, and are now cowering behind my sound card. Any news on performance (say, in comparison to the Accelleration F-18) that I can comfort them with?

For the longest time my favorite bird has been slow and ughly (A-10) after looking at those screen shots I think I have been

sold as well, fast and sexy thats the next one on my wish list

Pleeeeease the shorter the delay to full sales the better

Randy

( thanks for the new pics Shaun )

Great you like the screenies and apologies of a bad ILS approach to RWY33 at Ørland. Always so windy up there :D Get a 24" able to run 1920x1200 :D

• Aerosoft
:shock: VERY nice. My video card, processor, and RAM just wet themselves, though, and are now cowering behind my sound card. Any news on performance (say, in comparison to the Accelleration F-18) that I can comfort them with?

No, for sure it will be more heavy on framerates because the model is many times more complex. But it is highly optimized so it should not be too bad.

The F-16 is one of our 'future proof' projects where we explore what is possible. Unlike the Twin Otter where performance was one of the main design conditions, the F-16 is allowed to stress current hardware.

Just like the A-10, Seahawk and Manhattan in FS2004. Those were hard on hardware when they were launched.

That said, with not too much crap on the ground with DX10 and Xpack, my F-16 beta have better FPS then the F-18. Remember now that we are testing/developing with a merged "outside/inside" model and not a "divided" one like it will be at the end of development. Also there are a few steam gauges to be added. In the finished product, when in VC you'll only load a model containing the VC itself and the stuff to be seen without leaning "through" the gold coated super clear canopy, and is a smaller mdl alltogether eg. easier running. Don't ask me of FPS figures, I have a "matured" system. Mind you, trying some "Hot Shots" downtown Vegas Flying will be heavy on hardware no matter at 500 kias.

Best regards

All the above is with bloom enabled in DX10 except the Thunderbird aircraft. Bloom is not really needed but will add to the overall impression of the aircraft. With a glossy paint scheme like the T.bird and also partly the Belgian/Dutch demo, the effect is too great. I believe it's question of reducing the diffuse alpha and spec alpha a bit.

Thanks for the interest

And is there a possibility to make dogfights an a multiplayer arena?

As I know todays aerial military shooting training goes with laser or IR beam and special receivers on target machines, so you know when your time is over BEEP BEEP BEEP...

Could this not be programmed as a little subroutine?

Surely I dont await that I can durandal the Paderborn runway LOL...but a little dogfight is good for the hot-air-tigers....and a SIERRA HOTEL list...

Oh...and think over something like AEROSOFT RED FLAG?!

• Aerosoft
And is there a possibility to make dogfights an a multiplayer arena?

As I know todays aerial military shooting training goes with laser or IR beam and special receivers on target machines, so you know when your time is over BEEP BEEP BEEP...

Could this not be programmed as a little subroutine?

Surely I dont await that I can durandal the Paderborn runway LOL...but a little dogfight is good for the hot-air-tigers....and a SIERRA HOTEL list...

Oh...and think over something like AEROSOFT RED FLAG?!

A weapons pack is foreseen as an add-in to this add-on. We like to keep the base pack a reasonable price.

A weapons pack is foreseen as an add-in to this add-on. We like to keep the base pack a reasonable price.

OH MY GOD :!: ... Mathjis, you make what little patience I have evaporate :shock:

I can't wait ..but I know I have to

two thumbs up guys and thanks for the info

Randy

How will the systems compare to F4 OF?

How realistic is the Radar?

Will you be able to open the mfd screens and move them around in the 3d pit or seperate windows? mainly for pit builders

Will there be anyway way to drop bombs (laser, GPS, DUMB)?

If you can make these things happen - you will win alot of F4 fliers

Just need a campaign engine and this will have it all!

Some more large previews. This time of some USAF paints I've been working on lately. I've got a couple more in the planning, but if you've got one you really want seen to be done let me know. If you can provide my with enough detail photos I might consider doing it :D

2008-2-24_16-8-4-750.jpg

421st FS , "Black Widows", Hill AFB

2008-2-24_16-7-7-468.jpg

14th FS, "Samurais", Misawa AB, Japan

2008-2-24_16-10-13-718.jpg

524th FS, "Hounds", Cannon AFB

2008-2-24_16-12-5-703.jpg

18th FS, "Blue Foxes", Eielson AFB Alaska

2008-2-24_16-13-43-875.jpg

125th FS, "Tulsa Vipers", Tulsa IAP, Oklahoma

2008-2-24_16-15-23-0.jpg

309th FS, "Wild Ducks", Luke AFB, Arizona

2008-2-24_16-17-46-906.jpg

Arizona ANG, 162nd FW, 195th FS, "Warhawks", Tucson IAP, Arizona

2008-2-24_16-19-16-156.jpg

138th FS, "Cobras", Syracuse IAP, New York

2008-2-24_16-20-20-281.jpg

Ohio ANG, 178th FW, "Yoxford Boys", Springfield IAP, Ohio (MIG-23 kill in 1993)

2008-2-24_16-30-49-828.jpg

18th Aggressor Squadron, "Blue Foxes", Eielson AFB Alaska. This is the first F-16 painted in the arctic aggressor scheme.

As said earlier Vin,

SUPERB PAINTS !! Wish I was this good :D

Cow scheme looks like a pair of pants I have and I only wear those pants on vacation :oops: Neighbours have never seen them :D

Keep up the good work

Thanks guys,

the Wulf Pack paint is still there (like all other paints shown earlier), i thought only to show you new paints.

Dag, perhaps it's better to keep those pants deep in the closet where they belong :lol:

Hi there,

First my sincere Congratulations

I fly OF4.5. I saw this link over at GF and was swept of my feet. Those graphics !!! (Just look at that reflection of the sun in the sea !!! That cockpit !!! WOW !!!).

Now, sorry for the noob questions, but:

What system requirements are needed to run this?

Which programs do I need?

Is this an extension of 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'?

Can I use my HOTAS Cougar and TrackIR Pro4 with this?

How realistic is the flightmodel? As realistic as OF4.5?

Are the Radar, weaponsystems, navigation, radio, datacartridge, etc... as realistic as in OF4.5?

Is the 3d cockpit clickable?

Is it possible to fly training missions/campaigns?

Why is there no pilot?

etc...

Again my congratulations !! I'll be watching your progress with interest.

Cheers