More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

• Aerosoft

I will try to make it a habit to show daily progress of this project until release (as long as there is something that looks good in images).

Today we reached another milestone in modeling, we added the last bits of external equipment. From now on we will only tweak and debug on the external bits. The last bits to add were some special things the Belgium airforce got on there birds. Shown with arrows on the image attached.

To celebrate this small milestone a contest. The first person to post the correct names of the bits shown with the arrows AND to tell me what 'Dollies' are will get a free copy of the F-16.

post-43-1223152323_thumb.jpg

We do not model the parachute opening. We do this for a few reasons, first of all thew chute is only used on rather short runways with rather bad braking conditions. That's rare, though now uncommon in Scandinavia as my good friend Dag keeps pointing out to me, lol. But unlike other aircraft use of the chute is an exception not standard. Second, we have yet to find a way to model the brake action of the chute accurately, unlike other brakes indicated airspeed plays a huge role in how it affect stopping distance, we do not know how to model that. Lastly, though it looks rather cool in screenshots it normally does not look real nice when seen in action in FSX. To model a full deployment and the latter stages of it sinking to the ground as speed declines takes weeks to model and will never look seriously good. We decided to spend these weeks on other aspects that are not glitter and glamour but actual bits that are used in flying

On models and loads I refer you to this post. http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20256

You will see that we got a lot of AA and AG ordenance already included so special packs are not planned. Note we do not intend to simulate the fighting aspect of the aircraft, only the flying aspect. If you like to fight the F-16 there are other sims that might not have the looks what we have but allow you to shoot and drop stuff.

Ok then so far so good , please fix the CFT CAMO to be the same with A/C Camo the CFT in the image is lighter than the A/C camo!

Yes that's an open issue now.

No! The "cammo" on the plane is darker because of the use of Pacer GEM 'paint'. This is an extra layer over the paint to absorb either radar or infrared from the aircraft itself (I'm not sure for which of the two the Pacer GEM actually is). What it comes down to is that this extra coat "looks" under certain angels dark(er). Also it is pretty dirt-sensitive and that's what makes the aircraft look darker as well. This Pacer GEM isn't (yet) aplied to the CFTs, so that's why they look lighter. Also see this pic for instance: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Greece---Ai...16CJ/1319108/L/ and

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Greece---Ai...16CJ/1307452/L/

To celebrate this small milestone a contest. The first person to post the correct names of the bits shown with the arrows AND to tell me what 'Dollies' are will get a free copy of the F-16.

Mathijs, perhaps to make it a little bit easier you should attach some images? ;):lol:

I will try to make it a habit to show daily progress of this project until release (as long as there is something that looks good in images).

Today we reached another milestone in modeling, we added the last bits of external equipment. From now on we will only tweak and debug on the external bits. The last bits to add were some special things the Belgium airforce got on there birds. Shown with arrows on the image attached.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?ac...ost&id=2178

the correct names of the bits shown with the arrows
: The pointy arrow looking things are Static despensers.

AND to tell me what 'Dollies' are
: the aircraft now seem to spend more time carrying the 370 gallon underwing tanks (referred to as "Dollies" - after a certain female country and western singer) ... "ie. Dolly Partons (D/P) A wing-tank configured jet kinda looks like it has boobs, and who is better known for her boobs than Mrs Parton. "

Huh! The things we say for love or in this case a free love ! :lol:

PS: Keep up the good work; I'm planning on investing in a lot more of your stuff this year; God Willing! ;)

Same as above for me ,except,,, Wife willing! :rolleyes:

and James, That TH2Go is working perfectly, Just added a Track I R

to my setup yesterday. Had to get everything ready for the first flights

in a F-16,Hope I don't get motion sickness ;)

Randy

Randy,

You're welcome; I'm glad that worked out for you ... I also use the TrackIR with ProClip and its amazing. Let me know if there is any other things you might need. ;)

Enjoy and I hope the Wife is willing! :D

Damn, you are going to be one of those customers that will ask for all things mapped to key commands so you can hook up your hardware right?

HA HA HA! Well, not everything... but hey, we would'nt be flight sim enthusiasts if we didn't want to do that, right? :lol:

• Aerosoft
Mathijs, perhaps to make it a little bit easier you should attach some images? ;):lol:

When did I last tell you not to post messages at 21:00 on Saturday evening? Oops.

Mea Culpa, image attached. James got the dollies right, now I need the names of the stuff at the arrow points. Koen just pointed out the arrow was not accurate... I need the name of the small thing, not of the large bulb.So I added a new arrow to complicate things totally. So I need the name of the very ugly think under the engine inlet and the small bulb things not found on other F-16 models and only on Belgium ones.

post-43-1223153969_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft
HA HA HA! Well, not everything... but hey, we would'nt be flight sim enthusiasts if we didn't want to do that, right? :lol:

But do send me a mail on that as it could match some work we are doing on that for a professional spinn off from this project. mathijs.kok@gmail.com

When did I last tell you not to post messages at 21:00 on Saturday evening? Oops.

Mea Culpa, image attached. James got the dollies right, now I need the names of the stuff at the arrow points.

They are part of the Belgian Carapace Passive RWR system.

Mea Culpa, image attached. James got the dollies right, now I need the names of the stuff at the arrow points. Koen just pointed out the arrow was not accurate... I need the name of the small thing, not of the large bulb.So I added a new arrow to complicate things totally. So I need the name of the very ugly think under the engine inlet and the small bulb things not found on other F-16 models and only on Belgium ones.

Yes but now the names of both parts....

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

I wasn't sure if you were refering to DAG's shot or not but here it is the Answer to this one...

B1_JFC.jpg

I don't mind sharing :D

James;

You are mixing stuff up here, no Dutch built stuff here and no recce equipment either.

Dag,

Here is where I'm getting part of the information:

Look under the section:- Carapace ECM equipment http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article2.html and I think I did get the Recon Pod Camera info mixed up with this system; thanks for pointing that out. ;)

The other RWR/ECM reciever I got second-hand; and I'll verify it for you shortly; its either that or the Link 16 terminal (transmitter/receiver); unless they are using ADF's onboard. :lol:

BTW: did you see this repaint request HERE; Looks real nice, are you up for it?

No! The "cammo" on the plane is darker because of the use of Pacer GEM 'paint'. This is an extra layer over the paint to absorb either radar or infrared from the aircraft itself (I'm not sure for which of the two the Pacer GEM actually is). What it comes down to is that this extra coat "looks" under certain angels dark(er). Also it is pretty dirt-sensitive and that's what makes the aircraft look darker as well. This Pacer GEM isn't (yet) aplied to the CFTs, so that's why they look lighter. Also see this pic for instance: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Greece---Ai...16CJ/1319108/L/ and

but in this image it is the correct http://www.haf.gr/media/F-16D_BLK52+_pa.jpg

the lighter came become since the HAF F-16 does not use occasionally the cfts

Here the camo is the same like the A/C http://www.patricksaviation.com/uploads/photos/8493.jpg this occur since the HAF F-16 does not use very occusonaly the CFTS, you can leave the lighter camo but i think not to be very different from the rest A/C it is not look very nice in the eye.

While we are at James' mixup.....

Here's another one

>: The pointy arrow looking things are Static despensers

I know soap despensers :lol:

But the 'pointy arrow looking things' are static DISCHARGERS ;)

"A Rose by any other name is still a Rose" both names are correct Static despensers/dischargers ... Just like soap tray and soap dish or a peeble and a stone. :lol: I'm sure no one here will cry about it. :D

==================================================

Staff,

I hope that you will make a 2-seater (D Model) along with Service Packs at some point in the distance future (ie. you own MLU after the A-10 X). ;)

http://www.haf.gr/media/F-16D_BLK52+_pa.jpg

No arrows have been pinting to static dischargers of any kind and no recce equipment has been modelled for the aircraft. The BAF uses the Modular Recce Pod for tactical recce and that hangs on sta 5, not under the intake.

On a second note, look at some earlier screenshots in this thread and look at some new ones. See if you F-16 experts can spot the major modelling mistake that was present up to beta 099. I am talking part of the airframe, not stores ..... let's see how good you know this aircraft... :P

No arrows have been pinting to static dischargers of any kind and no recce equipment has been modelled for the aircraft. The BAF uses the Modular Recce Pod for tactical recce and that hangs on sta 5, not under the intake.

On a second note, look at some earlier screenshots in this thread and look at some new ones. See if you F-16 experts can spot the major modelling mistake that was present up to beta 099. I am talking part of the airframe, not stores ..... let's see how good you know this aircraft... :P

Dag,

OK; But Mr. Kok's pic shows arrows (pointing) to the 2 items and his message indicates them as well; What are "we" missing in understanding what you are asking for? Earlier, before he posted the screenshot; I thought he was refering to your pic's previously posted. Now that he's posted a pic and a message about the two items; I'm a little confused!

Well, Half a free F-16 is better then none I guess ... :lol:

I don't know if you have any of this planned, but could you add some sort of guide to help us attach the different commands that the instruments are capable of? I.e, if you made the UHF button work as the COM1.

My English isn't very good, so if my explination was bad I'm sorry. :lol:

Thanks