More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

well compare to the details of this model and the real deal,its not many mistakes.i know F-16 cuz i fly one.cant wait to fly this model.really good job to all of you who worked on this one...i see you have done your homework....rofl.the only minor is that you cant simulate any of the weaponsystems but thats understandable.so for now i want to give thanks to the crew who made us wait in agony:-P but i have one question though.....dont know if this was brought up but is there a working dragchute??specially on the norwegian model....just wondering.

regards

Christian

RNoAF 331skvd

Wow, do we have real F-16 pilots of the RNoAF here, wow, amazing. I'm going to Bodø in about a month, maybe we can meet up ? You at 331 skv?

• Aerosoft
hello, Are there any pictures available with the afterburner worki

I would be pleased to those thx

Rick van Eijk

Not yet as we are still figuring out how to mix FSX/SP2 and FSX/Acceleration with this. MS really made it hard by changing the game halfway.

Not yet as we are still figuring out how to mix FSX/SP2 and FSX/Acceleration with this. MS really made it hard by changing the game halfway.

Yeah, for a company that is suppose to be on the cutting edge of software, they sure had their head up the dark side when they put together FSX.

I’ve been watching this one for a while and the extra time has allowed me to get my machine upgraded to the latest components and FSX tweaked to where I’m getting an average of 25-35 fps. I hope that it will be able to handle this new bird!

Tomcat.gif

Hello,

I saw that the rockets on the RNLAF F-16 J-055 are black, but I just heard that they are repainted and that they are orange now, the first screens of this plane where orange but in the last screens they are black

I have asked if he could make some pictures of them so I can show them to you, I wil upload these pictures on the end of this week :P

Rick van Eijk

I’ve been watching this one for a while and the extra time has allowed me to get my machine upgraded to the latest components and FSX tweaked to where I’m getting an average of 25-35 fps. I hope that it will be able to handle this new bird!

Tomcat.gif

Hello Captain! B)

I just never know where I'm going to run into you :)

What did you do to tweak your FSX? I have been trying to get mine working right for the last year. At least I got rid of the OOM errors for the most part, but it still crashes with "Illegal operations" when I use it for a long time.

Bob

Hello Captain! B)

I just never know where I'm going to run into you :)

What did you do to tweak your FSX? I have been trying to get mine working right for the last year. At least I got rid of the OOM errors for the most part, but it still crashes with "Illegal operations" when I use it for a long time.

Bob

Hey Bob,

I just kept experimenting with the sliders till I found the combination that worked the best. :)

The bad news is that I have an identical machine at the office and using the same combination of the sliders didn’t help. :huh:

I’m still trying to dial that one in. :(

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Is the final release F-16 model’s (.mdl) file set to have the model used for AI purposes? I would like to add it to my list of AI. I know that you’ve mentioned before that it was a FPS hog but, I would like that option. Can this be accommodated?

• Aerosoft
Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Is the final release F-16 model's (.mdl) file set to have the model used for AI purposes? I would like to add it to my list of AI. I know that you've mentioned before that it was a FPS hog but, I would like that option. Can this be accommodated?

I am not 100% sure at this moment, reducing a model in complexity is about as much work as increasing it.

I am not 100% sure at this moment, reducing a model in complexity is about as much work as increasing it.

The model is perfect no reason to changed lets developers finish their work in order to have it as soon as possible and it is all project in delay we coould have it right now!!!

Hello,

I saw that the rockets on the RNLAF F-16 J-055 are black, but I just heard that they are repainted and that they are orange now, the first screens of this plane where orange but in the last screens they are black

I have asked if he could make some pictures of them so I can show them to you, I wil upload these pictures on the end of this week :P

Rick van Eijk

Not to worry, the J-055 is painted right down to the latest changed details. Orange smokewinders (with text) are present as is the 2008 KLu demo patch on the tail. I've even repainted the special painted helmet of "Sheik".

J-055_demo_klu.jpg

J-055_Sheik_helm.jpg

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

I don't want to further delay your release of this project or add more work to you; others here want this product to come out this month, just as much as I do. I'm only asking that it be allowed to be used for AI purposes, with that feature NOT being disabled at this time, and not to de-construct it for optimization for all-purpose use.

I began replacing my Military AI, with the advice from Mr. Burkard Renk, with models designed for flight. Many have turned out to be great for this purpose and I am not too worried about the FPS hit. I would like the opportunity to do the same with this model; to add it to my F-16's list of AI's for a more realistic look in the FSX environment with taxiing/flying AI.

If it can be done easily, please make it so.

Thank you. :)

PS: Vin, Love your graphic work! B)

Not to worry, the J-055 is painted right down to the latest changed details. Orange smokewinders (with text) are present as is the 2008 KLu demo patch on the tail. I've even repainted the special painted helmet of "Sheik".

Great work, Sheik wil love this

thx Rick van Eijk

Arghh..im in here _atleast_ 4 times a day to check things out hehe. Waiting so hard for this one that im almost unable to enjoy other aircraft..well...almost ;)

Things are looking really good tho, and im glad you ppl take your time to make it as good a product as possible :)

• Aerosoft
any chance of a start up video?!

No, for the simple reason it does not work as we think it should. Now keep in mind there are many startup procedures, not only from different air forces but also from different 'situations'. A bird on hot alert starts up different from an F-16 that has not been started this week. I remember that from the A-10. One of the startup checklists we had (and it was 100% real) contained only 4 items;

- Check area,

- Advance throtle to start,

- Release parking brakes,

- Check brakes.

Clearly not a A-10 coming out of storage, but a good example that 'starting up' is not always the same.

Aerosoft Developers,

I noticed this posting on SimMarket website for TSS' (TURBINE SOUND STUDIOS) - F-16-PW-F100 FSX SOUNDPACK: Here.

Is this the default sound used in your F-16 or an Add-on/purchase for us to obtain seperately? :unsure: